GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyre for full-size spare wheel?

Scottiedogg

Just brought myself a 5th 18in alloy to use as my spare on my 2015 GT estate. I’ve currently got a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 3s on the car so do I put the same tyre on the spare wheel or get a more mid market asymmetric tyre (something I can use on any side or position on the car) knowing it will potentially spend its life hidden in the boot?

Cheers

Scott

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Entirely up to you!

I wound up waiting for the next round of replacement front tyres before fitting two new tyres to the new spare and one of the original wheels, then keeping the least worn of the original wheels with its tyre as a spare. Yes I wound up with an asymetric tread on the spare but as a stop-gap this would be fine, undoubtedly better than a space saver.

(In fact I complicated matters further by swapping the front and rear wheels over to even out the wear at the same time.. Always does to have the best tyres on the back, unless you happen to be Ayrton Senna.)

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

Scottiedogg

Hi folks,

Got my full size spare alloy wheel in the boot now but just wondering if anyone knows if VW do an extension piece for the dynaudio sub? Got it plugged in ok but it’s a tight fit and I’d prefer to have some slack in the wire.

Thanks in advance

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
No they don't..

People have either cut the carpet or made their own ..& others have built their own screw extenders to clamp the wheel/sub down.....

One mod I have not bothered to do..

aksimmo

Hi scottiedog did you used to be on FFOC?

I finally left the Focus scene a few months ago and got the GTI in place of 5 different Focus I have had since 2003

I am just in the process of getting a spare full size alloy and also have dynaudio and assumed it wouldn't fit so was going to carry around both but if it does fit the boot that would be great - any pics?