GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How long does it take for you to wash your car?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Car doesn't get very dirty here. It doesn't snow, rarely rains, and car is in a garage both at home and at work. It just gets dust on it really.

Every 2 to 3 weeks I do the 2 bucket thing, and vacuum and wipe down the interior (which also stays very clean).

Whole process takes 90 minutes max.

I've got all the stuff for paint correction and polishing, which I've had for 10 years and used exactly once on my old bmw. What an all day hassle. Yeesh. Now I can't be bothered.

As long as the car looks clean that's enough. It's a vw, not a Ferrari 250 at pebble Beach. No one else even notices and good is good enough.

I've even got 4 or 5 tiny dings that I don't care enough to pull, because only I can see them.

Making it mechanically perfect on the other hand... I'll put it up on Stands in a heartbeat if anything doesn't seem right. Lol.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Car doesn't get very dirty here. It doesn't snow, rarely rains, and car is in a garage both at home and at work. It just gets dust on it really.

Every 2 to 3 weeks I do the 2 bucket thing, and vacuum and wipe down the interior (which also stays very clean).

Whole process takes 90 minutes max.

I've got all the stuff for paint correction and polishing, which I've had for 10 years and used exactly once on my old bmw. What an all day hassle. Yeesh. Now I can't be bothered.

As long as the car looks clean that's enough. It's a vw, not a Ferrari 250 at pebble Beach. No one else even notices and good is good enough.

I've even got 4 or 5 tiny dings that I don't care enough to pull, because only I can see them.

Making it mechanically perfect on the other hand... I'll put it up on Stands in a heartbeat if anything doesn't seem right. Lol.
When I was last in Vegas(first time) I was very jealous at the conditions, and how perfect they must be for the clean car enthusiast.

HighQuality_H20

Passed Driver's Ed
i spent 22 bucks this morning to have my car hand washed / dried and a little bit of interior cleaning.

they did the whole car as a 5 member team. It was amazing. they did what takes me 2 hours to do in about 10 minutes.

I was kind of Irked when they dried the car though. They used a brush the clear off the water and dried the car with the proper towels but they were using a rubbing motion. instead of a draggin motion....

HighQuality_H20

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, agreed on the 1.5 hrs.

I jetwash / garage spray once a week if it gets dusty.

Hand wash / 2 bucket job every 1-2 weeks. Try to lower that but clean my windows with a microfiber cloth to alleviate my slight OCD lol.

how do you get the dust out of the car????

do you use a air compressor??? is there any other way?? i dont have an air compressor.

ogrisker

Ready to race!
For me a "top-to-bottom", as I call it, takes about 1:20. With my one friend we can help eachother and get each car done in 45 minutes. Our best is 43 minutes on my GTI. That's a full 2-bucket wash, wheels and tires cleaned, fenderwells, and calipers. Drying time is reduced significantly with the master blasters.

Just wondering what others spend on their cars during a typical wash.

that sounds about right...

Attachments

• 20181025_091844-01.jpeg
    20181025_091844-01.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 207

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
It usually takes me 20-30 minutes depending on how thoroughly I do the wheels. Never used a hose on my car, only Blackfire or Meguiar’s waterless wash. Try to do it every week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erikweber321

Ready to race!
I do a double bucket, fully wash the inner doors, clay bar, full dry off with silicone and lamb skin, hand light polish, hand wax once, spend extra time on the wheels and insides, brake clean the calipers, rainx the windshield front and back and both forward windows, plastx the headlights, polish the wheels and exhaust tips, wash the inside windows and dry them with a glass micro for zero film, plastic treat all the plastic, leather treat the leather, vacuum and foam wash the foot Wells, clean the center console and rubber inserts, the shifter dressing and hand brake dressing, the rubber floor mats, the boot..... And it takes me at least 6 hours. I think spending the entire day keeping my car perfect is relaxing and it makes me feel really good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I do a double bucket, fully wash the inner doors, clay bar, full dry off with silicone and lamb skin, hand light polish, hand wax once, spend extra time on the wheels and insides, brake clean the calipers, rainx the windshield front and back and both forward windows, plastx the headlights, polish the wheels and exhaust tips, wash the inside windows and dry them with a glass micro for zero film, plastic treat all the plastic, leather treat the leather, vacuum and foam wash the foot Wells, clean the center console and rubber inserts, the shifter dressing and hand brake dressing, the rubber floor mats, the boot..... And it takes me at least 6 hours. I think spending the entire day keeping my car perfect is relaxing and it makes me feel really good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Amen to that. A basic wash for me takes at least 3 hours. When I am doing a full detail, we are talking 8+ hours. And I absolutely love it. I put some music on and go at it. I find it very relaxing and the results always make me super proud.

Everyone I share this with always rolls their eyes at me, like I'm crazy.

Ridgeyy

Just bought a new 2019 Rabbit in Urano. I'm scared of touching the paint because it scratches easily so I've been doing nothing but touchless. I've been toying with just the manual car wash. Presoak, rinse, soap on medium pressure, rinse. I do manually clean the wheels because it just has to be done. My car comes out looking perfect actually and I have no issues with possible scratching. I've been trying 303 Touchless Sealant and it's awesome. When the car is wet I just spray it on and rinse again quickly.

The reason I bought a new car is because I wanted perfect paint. It's easy to keep something clean, clean.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
If it's a quick wash about 20, maybe 30 minutes. More in-depth, going after the bug splats fully, niches in wheels, etc. usually about an hour and a half. Love little cars for this, just a 'quick' wash on my truck was at least an hour.

If I somehow get time to get really into detailing as some are might take me 2-3 but for now with work, family, and everything else that kind of time is rarely there.