GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Zaino?

Chuhsi

The last time I was into car detailing was 10+ years ago when I used a bunch of Zaino products (then eventually got a PC buffer with Menzerna polish).

What should I use these days to get the most amount of protection for the least amount of work? My GTI will mostly be parked in the garage and driven only on weekends for fun.

I'd like to get a ceramic coating, but can't afford $1K+ for the prep and coat so I'm going to go old school and do the wash/clay/wax myself an hope for the best.

Thanks!

Navi

Autocross Champion
I used to own a professional detail company and still like Zaino products. But I use a lot of swisswax waxes these days on my car and my wife's car. Klasse is still good. Poorboys stuff is good for ease of use. I don't really fuck with chemical guys or adams polishes much. Not a big fan of their products. Mostly marketing that sells their stuff.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
The last time I was into car detailing was 10+ years ago when I used a bunch of Zaino products (then eventually got a PC buffer with Menzerna polish).

What should I use these days to get the most amount of protection for the least amount of work? My GTI will mostly be parked in the garage and driven only on weekends for fun.

I'd like to get a ceramic coating, but can't afford $1K+ for the prep and coat so I'm going to go old school and do the wash/clay/wax myself an hope for the best.

Thanks!

Check out Prima Car Care, Hydro, Hydro Max. Those are by far the easiest to use with EXCELLENT lasting results for not just your weekend car but also your daily driver.

Also for claybar, try Mother's Speed Claybar 2.0. Only needs rinse water after shampoo and gets off contaminants without having to knead. I couldn't believe how easy it is to use vs normal clay.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I'm still a Zaino fanatic in spite of having a full compliment of of polishes, sealants, buffers, pads, waxes etc. These days I don't generally have the time to do full blown details especially on my daily drivers. The best combo of Zaino products I have found to protect a proper correction that LASTS for a long time is the All-In-One (ZAIO) followed by the Clear Spray (ZCS). I found no need for accelerant (ZFX) but found the best way to get it to work the best and last the longest is to do a good wash and then the ZAIO. Wait a few days and wash again to allow the ZAIO to cure and get rid of any excess product, then ZCS. Next wash, another quick spray of ZCS and thats it. Almost no effort except for the rubbing/buffing generated with ZAIO (and thats light). I garage my cars and even so, this combo lasts at least 6 months and have had it go 9 months before another ZCS application. Hit it with a clay mitt about once a year and motor on. Literally the easiest and best looking long lasting no effort regimen I've ever done.

Sport17

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
If you're looking for an easy to apply sealant for protection, it doesn't get much better than Meguiars Fast Finish in the aerosol bottle. Spray lightly on a microfiber, coat the panel, then a quick buff with a dry microfiber towel. It mostly flashes on its own without buffing, so that step is really just to knock down. Easy peasy. I use a spray wax as a drying aid, which seems to play nicely with the Fast Finish. I may substitute P&S Bead Maker as a drying aid, which is getting rave reviews. Those are my recommendations for 2018-era products.