GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange Lighting Fault

Denny1

Passed Driver's Ed
Changed the DLR lights on my 2014 golf to led lamps a few weeks ago. Working fine, then last night turned the high beam on first time since the change, didn’t work but got a ⚠️ saying N/s running light out.
Anyway pulled in a car park to check. Switched engine off drl both ok!
Turned engine on no warning ⚠️ light. Flicked high beam they flicked on for just a second and same dlr warning ⚠️ came on saying one was out. It wasn’t?
So when home changed back to original, everything is ok.
Tried google it no joy, any ideas please.

bertj

Ready to race!
AFAIK no one has ever really solved the problem of fitting LED H15 bulbs to a Mk.7.
H15 bulbs are dual filament - one filament is for high beam and the other doubles as a DRL and parking light depending on the lighting intensity required. (I might have this the wrong way round). It seems a very complicated way of providing three different light sources in one light unit.
There are cheap Chinese LED substitutes available - at the best they provide a very poor main beam and at the worst they give CAN bus errors and some have even melted. It seems that the bulbs you've fitted cause the faults. If I were you I'd remove them immediately before any damage is done and just put up with the yellow DRL's (or buy a Mk7.5)

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Changed the DLR lights on my 2014 golf to led lamps a few weeks ago. Working fine, then last night turned the high beam on first time since the change, didn’t work but got a ⚠️ saying N/s running light out.
Anyway pulled in a car park to check. Switched engine off drl both ok!
Turned engine on no warning ⚠️ light. Flicked high beam they flicked on for just a second and same dlr warning ⚠️ came on saying one was out. It wasn’t?
So when home changed back to original, everything is ok.
Tried google it no joy, any ideas please.

Buy yourself some decent projector housings with seperate LED DRLs.

bertj

Ready to race!
Buy yourself some decent projector housings with seperate LED DRLs.

What about these, https://store.blackforestindustries.com/mk7goheledpr.html
They're only $1000 a pair!? (and probably only suitable for LHD, USA cars)
No car modifications are impossible if you throw enough money at them but I'd still like to hear from someone who has successfully changed Mk.7 DRL'S to LED's ( I don't include using fog lights as LED DRL's or naff, stick on lights)

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
What about these, https://store.blackforestindustries.com/mk7goheledpr.html
They're only $1000 a pair!? (and probably only suitable for LHD, USA cars)
No car modifications are impossible if you throw enough money at them but I'd still like to hear from someone who has successfully changed Mk.7 DRL'S to LED's ( I don't include using fog lights as LED DRL's or naff, stick on lights)

I bought mine from this company on eBay - absolutely perfect:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLF-MK7...MK+VII&hash=item41e3cf1994:g:08wAAOSwFuZbO27u

The LED bulbs for dipped/main beam suck though - replace with HIDs.