GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I don't believe so, as the control module is embedded within the camera module.

Ok, So just before i order. I Want to make Sure I Know The Wiring.

two for Can comfort? which im pretty sure I can tap into from behind the headunit in glove box

Two Wires to the headunit, 6 and 12

A Wire for constant 12v

And A wire to the reverse light.

Is that it?

And here is a link for the harness I am Buying which is for the HIGHLINE camera. not lowline.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...82ba501&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Ok, So just before i order. I Want to make Sure I Know The Wiring.

two for Can comfort? which im pretty sure I can tap into from behind the headunit in glove box

Two Wires to the headunit, 6 and 12

A Wire for constant 12v

And A wire to the reverse light.

Is that it?

And here is a link for the harness I am Buying which is for the HIGHLINE camera. not lowline.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...82ba501&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0

There is not a wire to the reverse light.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
There is not a wire to the reverse light.

Oh so maybe because The car has canbus connection, then it knows when it is in reverse just like when you move the steering wheel, the lowline needs a reverse signal then.

thanks!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hey, They have a kit For upgrading from lowline to highline. so i can just get the highline camera part and replace my lowline with it? how can I get the camera out

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No idea mate, probably wouldn't be too difficult if you looked at your rear emblem - you're still gonna have to pull the new wiring harness through though.

It's not really worth upgrading imho, because the lines are a bitch to get calibrated.

ofektal8

Passed Driver's Ed
No idea mate, probably wouldn't be too difficult if you looked at your rear emblem - you're still gonna have to pull the new wiring harness through though.

It's not really worth upgrading imho, because the lines are a bitch to get calibrated.

oh, hope it is possible.
the wiring is the easy part. and the part i know how to do, but the camera part is the diffcult one. are the modes for the camera(parking mode, trailer mode etc...) only for the highline camera? or i can code it to my lowline? i dont realy care about guidelines, i want the highline for these modes.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
oh, hope it is possible.
the wiring is the easy part. and the part i know how to do, but the camera part is the diffcult one. are the modes for the camera(parking mode, trailer mode etc...) only for the highline camera? or i can code it to my lowline? i dont realy care about guidelines, i want the highline for these modes.

Pretty sure it's Highline only because of the control module.