GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 Tuning Detection and Clutch Slip

donmico93

Hello All,

I own a GTI with Performance pack, and I'm considering upgrading it with a APR Stage 1.

I've become confused with various forums regarding detection TD1. I have a few questions on it

If I apply the tuning, is it something VW can detect when it goes for a service ?

Is there a way of temporarily removing it so it isn't noticed by VW?

And finally, is it true that the tuning will increase the chances of having clutch slippage ? I don't want to be replacing, having bought it brand new 8 months ago:)

donmico93

I guess i'm concerned with both detection and clutch problems. Is JB1 high quality plug and play. Also are there any other recommendations...less clutch issues?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If detection and clutch problems have you worried, do not modify your car. I'd rather you spend that money on lightweight rims and grippy tires. That'll transform your car enough to satisfy your speed and handling needs until you decide.

My 2 pence

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
+1 Diggs.

yes
no
yes

Lots of information in this forum with clutch reviews. Suggest you start there for more clutch information.

As CarlosCanizares says. Don't tune if you don't want to worry about clutch issues or detection.