GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW X3 2007 1 step correction

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Hi All,

While my parents went to Disney for their anniversary, I thought it would be nice to detail my dad's X3 that sorely needed some attention. I wanted it looking as new as possible for my wedding coming up in September and to show his siblings that are coming over from Greece that he isn't driving around in swirled up gray BMW.

The pictures for before and after are night and day, and with the lighting I had the pictures don't do it justice. The condition of the paint was just awful, I should have taken a 50/50 but....
It was my first time using my new Rupes 21, and I was so completely immersed with how efficient it worked that after 3 hours I got the entire car corrected. Usually a job like this would have taken me 8-10 hours but I was absolutely blown away at how fast I was moving and I didn't want to stop my momentum.

I first started with the sanding/polishing the headlights because the top half was hazed and just cloudy white.
I then used McKees 37 iron remover and followed up with a thorough wash and clay.
I then used Meg's 105 with cutting pads to polish the car. Ended up not needing to finish it down and coated with a layer of Collinite 805 insulating wax.

Here we go!
Before:

After:

I will tackle the wheels, tires and trim this weekend to complete the look.

Edit:
Hack job trying to show the 50/50

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Hi All,

While my parents went to Disney for their anniversary, I thought it would be nice to detail my dad's X3 that sorely needed some attention. I wanted it looking as new as possible for my wedding coming up in September and to show his siblings that are coming over from Greece that he isn't driving around in swirled up gray BMW.

The pictures for before and after are night and day, and with the lighting I had the pictures don't do it justice. The condition of the paint was just awful, I should have taken a 50/50 but....

It was my first time using my new Rupes 21, and I was so completely immersed with how efficient it worked that after 3 hours I got the entire car corrected. Usually a job like this would have taken me 8-10 hours but I was absolutely blown away at how fast I was moving and I didn't want to stop my momentum.

I first started with the sanding/polishing the headlights because the top half was hazed and just cloudy white.

I then used McKees 37 iron remover and followed up with a thorough wash and clay.

I then used Meg's 105 with cutting pads to polish the car. Ended up not needing to finish it down and coated with a layer of Collinite 805 insulating wax.

Here we go!

Before:

After:

I will tackle the wheels, tires and trim this weekend to complete the look.

Edit:

Hack job trying to show the 50/50

Good job! Now dress the tires before they get back!