GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Is the 305 the limiting factor there? I'm thinking about trying to get my car running on full e85 soon. Looking at the Precision Raceworks site they have a couple pump kits, one using a 305 and one using a 450.

You think a single 450 would be enough to get up to ~28 psi on an is38? I remember from one of the VTT development threads they needed 2 450s to max out their turbo at 500+ whp, but that's quite a bit more air than a stock is38 is gonna move.

A single 450 won't be able to do 28psi on full E85 I know that for sure. Also, my hpfp showed pressure loss on E40 so that would probably need upgraded as well.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
A single 450 won't be able to do 28psi on full E85 I know that for sure. Also, my hpfp showed pressure loss on E40 so that would probably need upgraded as well.
Will be installing a hpfp soon to see how itll do in conjuction with a 450 lpfp to up ethanol content.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Some interesting read on facebook from dbv2 regarding these asian hybrid style turbos.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
DIY? I was looking at install instructions and it says you need a press.

I have a guy that will do it as a side job. He works at a performance shop and has done a few hpfp upgrades. I'll let you know if a press is definately required after I get it done.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
What's he saying in English? DBV2 is better than Tamioka and EQT from a design stand point?

I'm also not sure where he's getting EQT info from unless he has a direct line to the manufacturer. I don't know all of the details myself but there is a lot of assumptions and guess work going on in other threads.

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
I think dbv2 warranties out their turbo's for one year upon purchase. Standard is38 I don't think has any warranties... with dbv2 having 30 turbos installed and not one failure, Im thinking about getting one myself

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I think dbv2 warranties out their turbo's for one year upon purchase. Standard is38 I don't think has any warranties... with dbv2 having 30 turbos installed and not one failure, Im thinking about getting one myself

I'm sure they have a great turbo, but they've priced themselves out of the market IMO.

Boss 500 is under $3k right now...why would you chose an old school journal bearing turbo for the same price as a dual ceramic BB?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
search posts by 613b6.
he made 473whp on 94 pump gas with mpi and a 305 pump

That was an AWD car too if I remember correctly.

That's really good power on pump...also trapped as much on pump with an AWD car as VTT did on E85 with a FWD.