GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Based on 2 Gal E85, 1.5 gal 93, and 8.5 gal 91, his octane is 93.0 with the mix currently in the car.

Def not great but not horrible either, assuming the 91 is actually 91.

Well, he has easy access to 93 and E85. Let's just wait and see. :)

FYI, the 91 in this country is downright awful. Worse out West yes, still awful everywhere though. It's so bad I get gas at 2 different stations so I don't have to run it.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Well, he has easy access to 93 and E85. Let's just wait and see. :)

FYI, the 91 in this country is downright awful. Worse out West yes, still awful everywhere though. It's so bad I get gas at 2 different stations so I don't have to run it.

Agreed, he should get through this tank and run good 93, and go from there.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Wait, you have regular access to 93 and your running 91? I have trouble with some 93s being low quality. I woundnt touch 91 here if my life depended on it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I'd say get rid of all that gas, fill up with 93+ 2 gallons of E85, and check coil/plugs.

After that, then check compression if it is still happening. Make sure there isn't anything on the engine bay making a metal to metal contact.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
On stock turbo 93 is good for around 10whp over 91.

Littleredtipi

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help everyone!

I’ll empty this tank of gas and fill up with BP93. I’ll post a log shortly after and start going down the tick list after that

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Lucky you have choices. It's BP or nothin out here.
BP is the only one to offer 93? That's pretty odd.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
And those on that map in CA don't even contain stations with 93. They have race gas available so you would need to mix 91 with the race gas to get 93 octane blend. Pretty crappy.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

Littleredtipi

Ready to race!
I don’t have a log update since I still have a half if tank of what I think is bad gas. I did though, pull all the plugs, did a compression test, and replaced them with RS7 plugs. I’ve included images of the plugs. I’m not an expert, but they looked fine to me. All were gapped between 0.28 and 0.30. The new plugs I put in were gapped at 0.24.

Compression on all 4 cylinders was 179-180.

The plugs in the picture are from cylinders 1-4 going top down, respectively.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UflpM9X