GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
My wife's sewing machine cost as much as a turbo.....and that's a basic model.

I think the wife wanting to redo our floors for 8k is the reason she doesn't want me to spend more money on another turbo. It's all give or take. She was fine having me purchase the tomioka but ordering the eqt unleashed her wrath of fury.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
LOL. Save money and do them yourself. It's not too bad.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
I think the wife wanting to redo our floors for 8k is the reason she doesn't want me to spend more money on another turbo. It's all give or take. She was fine having me purchase the tomioka but ordering the eqt unleashed her wrath of fury.

Probably a wise choice to avoid the wrath man, lol. My wife gives me more grief for being in the garage installing stuff then the $ spent...so far.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Probably a wise choice to avoid the wrath man, lol. My wife gives me more grief for being in the garage installing stuff then the $ spent...so far.
My wife calls my car "The Mistress" cause of all the time I'm spend working on it

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Finally had a chance to pickup the car yesterday and opened her up on the way to work this morning. Seems very fast, I'm definitely carrying a lot more speed in the sweepers and straights. I'll have a chance to stretch its legs this weekend.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
LOL. Save money and do them yourself. It's not too bad.

I did a floor once. It came out nice, but it was a pain in the *ss. Problem was that it was a "knotty maple" which was all the leftovers from them cutting the clear maple boards, so the longest board was about 12". Total pain to keep everything straight and aligned.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I did a floor once. It came out nice, but it was a pain in the *ss. Problem was that it was a "knotty maple" which was all the leftovers from them cutting the clear maple boards, so the longest board was about 12". Total pain to keep everything straight and aligned.

Yeah that would suck. Mine were 4", 6" and 8" wide and anywhere from 1 foot to 8 ft long.

issaVLOG

Anyone running MPI on the is38 or is38 hybrid full e85?

Currently putting together a build sheet for my goals on this platform..

MPI 850cc w/ LPFP Upgrade (drop in stage 2)
RPC Intake Manifold
Typical FBO parts (IC, Downpipe, Plugs & coils etc)
Hybrid is38 (not sure which) or custom BT kit using PTE turbo
Cobb tune as im liking their TC setup (def smooth and adjustable) should help with digs, however they lack MPI support and TCU support ATM lol

Currently have a PP so wanting to maybe swap brakes to non PP with upgraded rotors and pads and run 16" wheel with some DRs to help hook...

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone running MPI on the is38 or is38 hybrid full e85?

Currently putting together a build sheet for my goals on this platform..

MPI 850cc w/ LPFP Upgrade (drop in stage 2)
RPC Intake Manifold
Typical FBO parts (IC, Downpipe, Plugs & coils etc)
Hybrid is38 (not sure which) or custom BT kit using PTE turbo
Cobb tune as im liking their TC setup (def smooth and adjustable) should help with digs, however they lack MPI support and TCU support ATM lol

Currently have a PP so wanting to maybe swap brakes to non PP with upgraded rotors and pads and run 16" wheel with some DRs to help hook...
I'm tuning an mpi e85 setup right now. Walbro ,305 will only do 23psi on is38 on full e85.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I’ve had a chance to drive the car for a bit now and spent Saturday/Sunday morning going for early morning drives to get a feel for the car/turbo and nothing but smiles to report. It pulls very well and doesn’t fall off like the IS38 does up top. Pretty brutal in lower gears. Eurodyne also just released their previously unavailable Stage 2 DSG tune for my car which changes shift points and further increases line pressure to accommodate larger turbos. The car feels great and still makes plenty of power lower in the RPM range.

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm tuning an mpi e85 setup right now. Walbro ,305 will only do 23psi on is38 on full e85.

Is the 305 the limiting factor there? I'm thinking about trying to get my car running on full e85 soon. Looking at the Precision Raceworks site they have a couple pump kits, one using a 305 and one using a 450.

You think a single 450 would be enough to get up to ~28 psi on an is38? I remember from one of the VTT development threads they needed 2 450s to max out their turbo at 500+ whp, but that's quite a bit more air than a stock is38 is gonna move.