GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
It was hard to get consistent E85/93 ratio. Seems 3.5 gallons is the sweet spot where pump is fine on stock fueling. I was trying to get the 93 before E85 but found I couldn't accurately gauge how much gas was in there and once we had issue with hpfp because the 3.5 gallons was like a gallon short of a full tank so it was probably more like E40. Pressure dropped to not bad but not super safe level but then recovered so I knew not to do that again. I just limp it back to the 93 station and it's fine running on E85 for a few miles.

Pretty much flatlined around 28psi give or take. Can probably run a taper and more boost but not worth chasing it and being concerned about fueling. ROI takes a huge dive if I need to dyno tune it and add fueling. Not worth it IMO.

I'm impressed that stock fueling is able to handle that much boost with e30. I have a lpfp and have to be under e40 or will see pressure drop. The pressure drop doesn't acutally show up on a single gear log but I see it in 1/4 mile pull so if you haven't done so do a 1-4th gear log to see how your fueling is doing.

Third doesn't have to be useless.

I'm running 245/40/17s...I specifically dropped to a 17" wheel to put more sidewall on the car to help it hook.

With Indy 500s (a decent tire, but nothing super sticky) I'm dead hooked in 3rd down to about 40 degrees, even on E30.

When first installed they would spin 3rd, but now that they're broken in they're working well.

Second spins but it's productive...it actually puts you in the seat while spinning.

I have same tires but not so great federal 595. 1, 2, and first part of 3rd is useless at full throttle but with throttle modulation is totally fine.

It's only worthless if you are on crappy allseasons and floor it. Your right foot can limit wheelspin and still be quite quick.

For sure. But when doing logs in 3rd you have to floor it. I had to start doing logs in 4th but that gets pretty sketchy. That's where drag radials will come in handy for 3rd gear logs again. But been too lazy to swap just for logs. LOL.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm impressed that stock fueling is able to handle that much boost with e30. I have a lpfp and have to be under e40 or will see pressure drop. The pressure drop doesn't acutally show up on a single gear log but I see it in 1/4 mile pull so if you haven't done so do a 1-4th gear log to see how your fueling is doing.

I have same tires but not so great federal 595. 1, 2, and first part of 3rd is useless at full throttle but with throttle modulation is totally fine.

For sure. But when doing logs in 3rd you have to floor it. I had to start doing logs in 4th but that gets pretty sketchy. That's where drag radials will come in handy for 3rd gear logs again. But been too lazy to swap just for logs. LOL.

Might be able to do 29psi as everything is fine on 28 ATM. Matt had me logging in 4th since it had higher load than 3rd so we could identify any problems. I miss logging in 3rd as 130mph isn't all that fun after awhile when you aren't racing anyone. You're just basically hoping not to get busted or hit a deer. And up there near 6500 is where you need to see if anything is going south. I have my doubts it can do 29psi up there and rather than try and figure out the taper I'll just be happy where it is.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Might be able to do 29psi as everything is fine on 28 ATM. Matt had me logging in 4th since it had higher load than 3rd so we could identify any problems. I miss logging in 3rd as 130mph isn't all that fun after awhile when you aren't racing anyone. You're just basically hoping not to get busted or hit a deer. And up there near 6500 is where you need to see if anything is going south. I have my doubts it can do 29psi up there and rather than try and figure out the taper I'll just be happy where it is.

What I mean is the fueling might look fine for a 1 gear pull but a continuous pull from 1-4th (like a 1/4 mile run) can show a possible issue.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Diggs, now that you’re tune is almost complete, does this turbo seem like a worthwhile upgrade for the R/s3 guys over the stock is38?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Diggs, now that you’re tune is almost complete, does this turbo seem like a worthwhile upgrade for the R/s3 guys over the stock is38?

I don't know because I've never had an IS38. Might be prudent to see what people are getting with the EQT before pulling the trigger. It's priced pretty competitively. I have no regrets though. Enjoying the shit out of it.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Pac is right. What happens is the LPFP will empty the fuel basket and cut all power after a long load situation. I had that happen repeatedly on just the stock IS38.
The only way to fix it is to run a larger in tank pump and a greater amount of fuel in the tank (to keep the basket full).

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Hit a new personal best of 37.8 psi the other night! Turbo still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiannu

Ready to race!
Pac is right. What happens is the LPFP will empty the fuel basket and cut all power after a long load situation. I had that happen repeatedly on just the stock IS38.
The only way to fix it is to run a larger in tank pump and a greater amount of fuel in the tank (to keep the basket full).
Which pump do u recommend? How do or can I avoid this?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk