GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7Buckeye

What spark plugs are you guys running with this turbo? I just ordered one and currently running with RS7 spark plugs with my stage 2 tune. I have about 3k on the spark plugs. Just wondering if I needed to go with a colder plug with this turbo set up.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I have the NGK racing plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Tune is as done as it's going to be. I have this weird flashing yellow light though.... :D

[/img]

Think Moose would mind you sharing peak and redline RPM/actual engine torque from the ED logs?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
It has no relevance to actual power. It's only really good to show a mod/tuning change is making more power than previous. That said it's pretty much flatlined 460 from full spool to redline.

I knew it wasn't accurate, but thought numbers would at least be transferable. Oh well.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Tune is as done as it's going to be. I have this weird flashing yellow light though.... :D
]

Third is pretty useless even when I was on is38. I actually have a pair of drag radials I was going to use just so I can do logs in 3rd again. So where did you end up at fuel wise and boost? How is your rail pressure doing?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Third is pretty useless even when I was on is38. I actually have a pair of drag radials I was going to use just so I can do logs in 3rd again. So where did you end up at fuel wise and boost? How is your rail pressure doing?

See, I'm just not interested in turning third into a useless gear. It's by far my most favorite gear right now :). Coming off a highway cloverleaf following some old lady in a Camry this morning going 35, changing 2 lanes and punching it from 35 to 85 in third gear was the highlight of my day.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

It was hard to get consistent E85/93 ratio. Seems 3.5 gallons is the sweet spot where pump is fine on stock fueling. I was trying to get the 93 before E85 but found I couldn't accurately gauge how much gas was in there and once we had issue with hpfp because the 3.5 gallons was like a gallon short of a full tank so it was probably more like E40. Pressure dropped to not bad but not super safe level but then recovered so I knew not to do that again. I just limp it back to the 93 station and it's fine running on E85 for a few miles.

Pretty much flatlined around 28psi give or take. Can probably run a taper and more boost but not worth chasing it and being concerned about fueling. ROI takes a huge dive if I need to dyno tune it and add fueling. Not worth it IMO.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Third doesn't have to be useless.

I'm running 245/40/17s...I specifically dropped to a 17" wheel to put more sidewall on the car to help it hook.

With Indy 500s (a decent tire, but nothing super sticky) I'm dead hooked in 3rd down to about 40 degrees, even on E30.

When first installed they would spin 3rd, but now that they're broken in they're working well.

Second spins but it's productive...it actually puts you in the seat while spinning.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
See, I'm just not interested in turning third into a useless gear. It's by far my most favorite gear right now :). Coming off a highway cloverleaf following some old lady in a Camry this morning going 35, changing 2 lanes and punching it from 35 to 85 in third gear was the highlight of my day.

It's only worthless if you are on crappy allseasons and floor it. Your right foot can limit wheelspin and still be quite quick.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
It's only worthless if you are on crappy allseasons and floor it. Your right foot can limit wheelspin and still be quite quick.
I know this well with my stock a/s, I have to pedal like crazy in second, I still spin a little in third but not bad but that's cause I'm manual

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: