GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
CTS did right by me, mostly IMO. Ideal world it would have been covered; they are going to replace my exhaust housing because I bought the V2 upgrade kit with the new compressor cover. It's fair, not being original owner.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Damn, sorry to hear Matt!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Sounds like Pacdawg is considering it. Shoot him a message.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking into a couple of IS38 options now (within my budget), but will definitely keep an eye on Pacdawg and others in this thread in case things don't work out.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking into a couple of IS38 options now (within my budget), but will definitely keep an eye on Pacdawg and others in this thread in case things don't work out.

What's your budget? FYI on my setup the tomioka made 35whp more then the is38 and it trapped 125.9 vs 122. Can't tell the difference between the is38 and tomioka for normal driving either which is a good thing. The EQT should get here 2-3 weeks from now so the tomioka will be available then. Just installed last month so will have low mileage.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
What's your budget? FYI on my setup the tomioka made 35whp more then the is38 and it trapped 125.9 vs 122. Can't tell the difference between the is38 and tomioka for normal driving either which is a good thing. The EQT should get here 2-3 weeks from now so the tomioka will be available then. Just installed last month so will have low mileage.

PM'd sir!

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Eqt is a tomioka with slightly larger wheel and ported hotside.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
For me 360 whp/360-380wtq dyno jet #s on a fwd daily driver street car would be plenty for me. I would imagine possible on a 92 oct custom tune via Maestro/Cobb on a standard Is38.

But I want reliability above anything else. Though all in all considering how many is38s are on the roads, probably a decent chance id be fine.

This new eqt turbo certainly seems rather interesting.
Where is ATP at? Like other platforms. Give us a bolt on garrett gtx2867/3071 for 2k

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Eqt is a tomioka with slightly larger wheel and ported hotside.

Yeah but those slight differences are giving the EQT a 30-40whp advantage with very similar spool. I know I'm throwing money away but fuckit.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah but those slight differences are giving the EQT a 30-40whp advantage with very similar spool. I know I'm throwing money away but fuckit.

You know nothing about how the two turbos were tuned on that same Dyno differently, so it's complete b******* and you shouldn't be following along just because the guy who owns and made the turbo said it's better.
Just looking out for you.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
You know nothing about how the two turbos were tuned on that same Dyno differently, so it's complete b******* and you shouldn't be following along just because the guy who owns and made the turbo said it's better.
Just looking out for you.

You absolutely could be right but wont know until I try. Im kinda going on a limb here and hoping for the best.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk