GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disable Carplay?

lokerola

Ready to race!
Is there a way to disable Carplay? There are times I want to charge my iPhone and use all the apps on it, but just from the phone - not connected to Carplay.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to turn off Carplay and still have my iPhone charging and usable.

slow12s

Ready to race!
I don't think it can be disabled, but you can always use all the apps on your phone while your phone is charging...after you plug it into carplay just hit the home button on your phone to get back away from the CarPlay screen and back to your apps...unfortunately I haven't found a way to have a phone plugged in and bluetooth audio/music working at the same time (even if the phone being plugged in isn't linked to the cars bluetooth) so for audio you'd be limited to cd/sd/siriusxm/radio (unless you want to play music through your phone without using carplay which is also an option (just use the music app)...it will just go through your cars speakers)

lokerola

Ready to race!
I don't think it can be disabled, but you can always use all the apps on your phone while your phone is charging...after you plug it into carplay just hit the home button on your phone to get back away from the CarPlay screen and back to your apps...unfortunately I haven't found a way to have a phone plugged in and bluetooth audio/music working at the same time (even if the phone being plugged in isn't linked to the cars bluetooth) so for audio you'd be limited to cd/sd/siriusxm/radio (unless you want to play music through your phone without using carplay which is also an option (just use the music app)...it will just go through your cars speakers)

thanks!

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
My 15 does not have CarPlay but in your iPhone under settings general there is a CarPlay option, see if you can turn it off there or delete and pair your phone it should ask you for an authorization to turn on CarPlay.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
My 15 does not have CarPlay but in your iPhone under settings general there is a CarPlay option, see if you can turn it off there or delete and pair your phone it should ask you for an authorization to turn on CarPlay.

that wont work, even if you forget the car, it connects to carplay again when you plug it in.

now i didnt try completely unpairing my phone.. maybe that is something worth trying.