GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Took Delivery 2017 Golf Wolfsburg

VWMASS

Well....Brought in my beloved 2009 VW TDI Jetta. Was given a check for $14,500 @ the dealership. Too bad I bought new brakes & tires two months before the scandal.

Bought a 2017 Golf (Tornado Red M/T $18,200) & paid cash for the difference. Great little car. The interior is pretty polished. Love it so far (under 1K right now) Android Auto works like a charm. Took delivery a little over 5 weeks ago. Yes...I wasn't happy with VW & the whole diesel scenario, but I simply love their cars. I'm 51 & never owned anything other then a VW.

IMHO...The Golf is still best in class. You really get a whole lot for your money.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
IMHO...The Golf is still best in class. You really get a whole lot for your money.

Bingo. The value is unmatched if you enjoy good driving dynamics and a small taste of luxury on a budget.

Enjoy. I'm on my fourth VW in the past 15 years.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Glad you stuck with VW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very nice! Congrats boss!

I've had 2 GTI's, a 2006 and a 2012, and a few cars in between and I'm looking to come back to the Golf with a 17 Wolfsburg of my own in about 6 months. Looking forward to coming back into the fold. I don't know what it is about VW, but I keep coming back. When I pick up the Golf it will be the 3rd of its kind, which will be a record for me. I've had 2 Accords, and 2 Elements, but only 1 of everything else (18 vehicles total).

STANDARD H

Ready to race!
Well....Brought in my beloved 2009 VW TDI Jetta. Was given a check for $14,500 @ the dealership. Too bad I bought new brakes & tires two months before the scandal.

Bought a 2017 Golf (Tornado Red M/T $18,200) & paid cash for the difference. Great little car. The interior is pretty polished. Love it so far (under 1K right now) Android Auto works like a charm. Took delivery a little over 5 weeks ago. Yes...I wasn't happy with VW & the whole diesel scenario, but I simply love their cars. I'm 51 & never owned anything other then a VW.

TOTALLY agree. Biggest bang for your buck on the road...period! Congrats on the new ride. Looking forward to photos, etc.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Let's see some pictures! I was looking for the same car before ending up with a GTI.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I did the same thing except I bought '17 Golf Wolfsburg last month and turned mine TDI Jetta this past weekend. Already did some minor mods to the Golf. Sure I'll miss 550+ miles range on a tank. This my first Golf but 4th VW overall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Welcome and congrats on the car. Especially that you can own it free and clear right off the bat (assuming thats how it worked out for you given the TDI thing).

I've owned 3 MK7's and they are pretty great cars. We have a 2015 first production run Golf SE Sport (wife's), and a 2017 GTI. I had a 2016 Golf, but it personally left me wanting more and I realized that I could get into the GTI Sport for about $50 more a month in total, so I did it.

The 2015 had some EVAP system issues, but all were resolved under warranty and probably all caused by the fuel sump recall that happened last year. It's also had some brake shimmy and the dealer has replaced front pads and rotors under warranty twice in a 25k miles. Otherwise trouble free though.

There's plenty of cool and easy stuff to do to the car if that's your thing. Some tasteful tint, a dogbone insert (HIGHLY recommended to reduce transmission/engine shift when shifting), interior/exterior LED lighting upgrades, OBDEleven coding tweaks can all be done for under ~$500 in total.

VWMASS

Thanks everyone. I truly do love my new rig. Here's my breakdown of my VW's over the years. BTW...All were brand new. Can't give you years as I lost count. All have been M/T.

1-Rabbit
1-Jetta (Base Model)
1-Jetta GLX
1-Jetta GLI
1-Jetta TDI

& now course my Golf. The auto simply rocks. Blue Hen.....I was born in Wilmington in 65' I went to the Blue Hens/Tribe game down in Williamsburg, VA. with my relatives. Of course we lost & our coach was fired afterwards (good riddance)

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Blue Hen.....I was born in Wilmington in 65' I went to the Blue Hens/Tribe game down in Williamsburg, VA. with my relatives. Of course we lost & our coach was fired afterwards (good riddance)

Nice. :)

The second worst Delaware loss I ever witnessed in person was at W&M. 2004 Quarterfinals. Delaware up by three TDs in second half. Should have run the ball. Threw a couple of picks, and W&M takes it to OT and wins. :mad:

Worst loss was the 2010 FCS Championship. Up 19-0 in third quarter and lose. Then I had to wait in my car for 45 minutes while the Secret Service held us up for Biden to get out. GRRRR.

The 2007 loss with Flacco to Appalachian State wasn't so bad because we didn't blow a big lead. They were just clearly the better team.

VWMASS

Nice. :)

The second worst Delaware loss I ever witnessed in person was at W&M. 2004 Quarterfinals. Delaware up by three TDs in second half. Should have run the ball. Threw a couple of picks, and W&M takes it to OT and wins. :mad:

Worst loss was the 2010 FCS Championship. Up 19-0 in third quarter and lose. Then I had to wait in my car for 45 minutes while the Secret Service held us up for Biden to get out. GRRRR.

The 2007 loss with Flacco to Appalachian State wasn't so bad because we didn't blow a big lead. They were just clearly the better team.[/QUOTE

This makes me laugh (now) I was in Plano, TX. for the 2010 FCS Championship game as well. That whole Biden delay because he was yucking it up with all the fans. That 45 minutes felt more like 3 hours because we had to endure that loss & wait. KC Keeler play-calling blew the game in the 2nd half.

BTW...No way did Eastern Washington get that 1st down (we would have won) The Refs couldn't make up their minds either. That loss will go down as the worst (for me) I took my father to the game & he passed away suddenly 3 weeks later. Glad I had that time with him.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Very nice! Congrats boss!

I've had 2 GTI's, a 2006 and a 2012, and a few cars in between and I'm looking to come back to the Golf with a 17 Wolfsburg of my own in about 6 months. Looking forward to coming back into the fold. I don't know what it is about VW, but I keep coming back. When I pick up the Golf it will be the 3rd of its kind, which will be a record for me. I've had 2 Accords, and 2 Elements, but only 1 of everything else (18 vehicles total).

A 2002 GTI and a 2007 GTI for me (both APR S1), before the 2016 R. There is STILL no other car that combines small size, a nice interior, a reasonably comfortable ride, a hatchback, a DCT, and good power (with the ability to easily increase it), for the money. I only wish their electronics weren't so "buggy". Still better than Lucas I suppose.