GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Torque Solutions BOV adapter install

People still use these things? Wasn't it determined that it was bad for the car because it was expecting recirculated blow off?

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
People still use these things? Wasn't it determined that it was bad for the car because it was expecting recirculated blow off?
I think that was only on previous generations because they had a MAF setup. Since mk7 have MAP it's a non issue.

sig

I think that was only on previous generations because they had a MAF setup. Since mk7 have MAP it's a non issue.

sig

Interesting. Learned something new today!

Thank you.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Would anyone else be able to elaborate on this a little? I've heard mixed reviews. The dealer i got my tune through mentioned not buying this because it would be detrimental to the car ( I forgot the reason why ) and i feel I've seen responses similar to his on the forum. Then there's responses like the above. Will this particular part actually have negative effects or is this incorrect? And if so what are they?

Also if anyone has this installed on a 2017 SE could you let me know? Saw someone on amazon post saying it didn't fit theirs. Still haven't decided if I could even deal with the noise itself but, any info is appreciated.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
As said above with the switch from maf to map sensor we can now vent to atmosphere without screwing up air sensing.

That being said our engine releases boost significantly more frequently than other boosted cars and at times is unexpected. Due to the the BOV would be making its woosh noise at odd times and frequently.

It's a cheap enough part to take a risk on or buy used off someone who didn't like it. But it won't hurt like it did with previous iterations of VAG engine, just may sound weird

DeviousMindz

Yeah so I bought a CTS BOV recently and was reading different things about them. I installed it and it sounded great but I'm not gonna lie, reading the negative things kinda put a bad taste in my mouth so I removed it and put the stock back on. Should I just reinstall it? Set me back 200 haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk