GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverter Valve Question

coleylikesbacon

Ready to race!
A year ago I got on the DV+ bandwagon assuming it would improve performance. I'm not tuned and have had no issue with it, but after more recent discussions & tuner reco's that the stock DV is preferable I pulled out the stock pieces today to potentially change it back.

I pulled off the GFB DV+ and the old stock parts and started searching for pictures on how to put the old stuff back together.

There wasn't much luck and the blue ring was a little kinked so I decided to leave the DV+ as-is, but while I had the box open I noticed the fat spring still hiding in the foam and realized I missed it the first time around. (Left hand side on the instructions - top of picture depending on how tapatalk rotates this)

Can see the blue ring kinked a little on the side closest to the bolts.

Questions:
1 - as long as I'm stock, is the DV+ hurting anything?

2 - what was I gaining or losing by missing that spring? The car has felt tip-top for the last 15,000km so I'm curious what it does.

coleylikesbacon

Ready to race!

Dammit. I've known how to read for almost 40 years. This basically answers my 2nd question I guess.

I do have the stick shift, so using that main spring may help a bit with holding boost between gears. Have to see if it throws any codes.

Opinions?

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie

Dammit. I've known how to read for almost 40 years. This basically answers my 2nd question I guess.

I do have the stick shift, so using that main spring may help a bit with holding boost between gears. Have to see if it throws any codes.

Opinions?

ive been running the gfb DV+ since a month of owning the car...when i wasnt tuned and then stage 1+ and stage 2 and never once had an issue with it...so my opinion since i run it is that its not hurting anything

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I assembled my stock dv and it threw a epc. I just ended up buying a new one from the dealer.