GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Unable to Factory Reset?

justaw0rm

Hi folks, first time posting here. I recently purchased a 2016 Golf TSI and am VERY happy with it. First VW and it's the best thing I've owned but I'm having issues with the MIB 2 Info system..:confused::confused:.

2016 Golf owners, have you ever experience being unable to factory reset your infotainment device?

Having issues with the MIB2 infotainment system not saving my settings. For some reason it only keeps my old settings and every time I try to factory reset it seems like it's worked but after the cars been off for at least 4 minutes, the old settings return. When I hard reset (by holding the power button for 15 seconds), this also causes the old settings to come back as well.

I've brought this to the VW service guys and they installed a firmware update but that did nothing. I had to show the technician the issue for him to believe me.

The tech thinks replacing the entire device may be the only option, I don't mind this but I'm still waiting to hear back from him as he does "research" to find a solution.

Anybody else experience this? It's super frustrating as I just want to reset my damn settings and have them stay as they are.

coleylikesbacon

Ready to race!
What is it you're trying to reset?

Holding the power for 15 seconds is really just a reboot, not taking it back to "stock"

If you're looking to wipe all settings and preferences you can do that under the car settings menu by resetting the defaults.

hairydogg902

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi folks, first time posting here. I recently purchased a 2016 Golf TSI and am VERY happy with it. First VW and it's the best thing I've owned but I'm having issues with the MIB 2 Info system..:confused::confused:.

2016 Golf owners, have you ever experience being unable to factory reset your infotainment device?

Having issues with the MIB2 infotainment system not saving my settings. For some reason it only keeps my old settings and every time I try to factory reset it seems like it's worked but after the cars been off for at least 4 minutes, the old settings return. When I hard reset (by holding the power button for 15 seconds), this also causes the old settings to come back as well.

I've brought this to the VW service guys and they installed a firmware update but that did nothing. I had to show the technician the issue for him to believe me.

The tech thinks replacing the entire device may be the only option, I don't mind this but I'm still waiting to hear back from him as he does "research" to find a solution.

Anybody else experience this? It's super frustrating as I just want to reset my damn settings and have them stay as they are.

I have a MIB2 and also living in Toronto and I also posted a thread but it is regarding my system will auto restart on itself. Thread link below.
I've not brought it to the dealership because I know it is impossible for me to prove the problem unless they follow me for a day. Anyway I've not tried to reset to default either.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22743

justaw0rm

What is it you're trying to reset?

Holding the power for 15 seconds is really just a reboot, not taking it back to "stock"

If you're looking to wipe all settings and preferences you can do that under the car settings menu by resetting the defaults.

That's the thing, when I go into preferences and reset all settings to default. When I come back to the car the old settings are back at it again.

justaw0rm

Sounds defective, I'd let them replace it. Never heard of an issue like this. Good luck!

Thanks, I think that's my only plan. I haven't found anyone else with this issue either. Was meant to hear back from the VW dealership earlier this week but nothing so far... gonna bug them till they fix it. I'm gonna be sooo persistent they'll pay me to do it.

justaw0rm

I have a MIB2 and also living in Toronto and I also posted a thread but it is regarding my system will auto restart on itself. Thread link below.
I've not brought it to the dealership because I know it is impossible for me to prove the problem unless they follow me for a day. Anyway I've not tried to reset to default either.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22743

hairydogg902, is it possible for you to film it happening? If you're using CarPlay or Android Auto (or whatever it's called) that's probably the problem. Holy crap is CarPlay damn buggy. Once it locked up my phone to the point that I was unable to turn the device off the normal way and I had to hard reset the phone. Make sure you've got the latest updates on your phone if that's the case... good luck!

hairydogg902

Passed Driver's Ed
hairydogg902, is it possible for you to film it happening? If you're using CarPlay or Android Auto (or whatever it's called) that's probably the problem. Holy crap is CarPlay damn buggy. Once it locked up my phone to the point that I was unable to turn the device off the normal way and I had to hard reset the phone. Make sure you've got the latest updates on your phone if that's the case... good luck!

I didn't have CarPlay problem before I use BT for music. I guess the restarting issue bothers me in the beginning but now I know exactly when it will restart so I'm kinda immuned. I never tried resetting the system so not sure if I have your problem too.

justaw0rm

VW dealership ended up replacing the entire infotainment device. Glad to say the issue was fixed.

Now I have a new issue. I noticed that when I start up the infotainment if I plug my phone in before the "launching app-connect" is shown. The device goes into a loop of connecting and disconnecting the device. If I let the app-connect launch do its thing and then plug in. That seems to work better. Kind of obvious.

I just want to jump in the car and plug in my phone so now I got to be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk