GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Credit to GIAC for figuring this out with the help of Rich at dub werks:

Enter ABS controller, select adaptions, select "starting vibration reduction" from the drop-down menu, change the value from Strong to Deactivated.

Congratulations, enjoy full power with 0 intervention in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It totally transforms the car. Now if only someone can figure out how to code out the launch control lag.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Oh wow....u serious? This work for 6MT? If so I am sending GIAC money for a coffee.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Testing this weekend. So glad if so. Pulling the ABS fuse was a pain in the rear at the track. The airbag system was periodically failing!

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah no it was coded. With slicks and 6MT it wasn't working properly though - bogging hard.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
I'd like to reiterate, we do not know the effects of this on the ABS system. Please do not use this on an actual track.

Who do you represent? I can confirm ABS works just fine as does the VAQ. It is self explanatory as to what this feature does. It is simply to prevent wheel hop, so it is there to protect drive-train components which would have no affect on braking. Your essentially just like a MK5 with TCS off.

Last edited:

TarzanoftheApes

Ready to race!
I have ESC off via button from a VAGCOM mod, but still get some intervention when launching the car (the yellow car with slicks image flashes). Will this stop this?

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Game changer! Props to GIAC and Rich! *thumbs up*

Can anyone w/OBD11 try this out? This is really the one thing I hate about the car is all the damn nannies, this is great news!