GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Configurator is up and R loses 4 HP

Davisflyer

Passed Driver's Ed
As the title says, you can now build the 2019 online. Hp is listed at 288 now instead of the previous 292. I wonder what change caused it....

Danosaurus

Ready to race!
Good question. I heard someone say before that nothing has changed, but it’s just a more accurate reading of the HP output than 2018s. Which made me sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Funny. The 18 R configurator didn't go up until April of this year, and it was after the rest of the Golf lineup. The 19 R is already up 7 months later, and this time it's the first Golf model to be updated.

Is there any rhyme or reason to how vw.com does things?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Funny. The 18 R configurator didn't go up until April of this year, and it was after the rest of the Golf lineup. The 19 R is already up 7 months later, and this time it's the first Golf model to be updated.

But - the car still isn't available, nor does anyone know when it's coming. So business as usual.

Even THEY have no idea.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Which color would you all choose? I'd go with Copper Orange or Techno Blue, with the black wheels.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
No change in power. They are using DIN ratings worldwide now. 292 = 288. And 4 hp wouldn't have meant dick anyways, and the 292 figure is lowballed besides.

This says 288 DIN HP is 284 SAE HP. I'm thinking the difference is from the exhaust system.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Doesn’t the European Mk7 Golf R rated to have 306 hp? I wonder why the US version only has 292hp

Cupra_265

Doesn’t the European Mk7 Golf R rated to have 306 hp? I wonder why the US version only has 292hp
Fuel quality and single injection maybe?
Our fuel cap says minimum 98Ron which we can get most in petrol (gas) stations.

There is a new petrol Particulate filter just after the turbo on the 2019 R in the UK. 310PS down to 300PS again.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Fuel quality and single injection maybe?
Our fuel cap says minimum 98Ron which we can get most in petrol (gas) stations.

There is a new petrol Particulate filter just after the turbo on the 2019 R in the UK. 310PS down to 300PS again.

That's 296 SAE HP. We only had an advertised 292.

Perhaps APR will test their 2018's to see what the HP is. They got 294 HP and 296 lb. ft. torque on their dyno for the MK7.

It's easy enough for VW to tune for emissions and mileage. So it could be they needed to tune it slightly down to meet the new standards.

Does the US-version get an exhaust injection system? I never heard anyone here say they have one.

B5AudiS4

No.