GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel gauge issues

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
low fuel light came on the other day so i filled her up. got back into the car, gauge didn't move at all and still says low fuel level. i double checked my receipt and with the attendant that gas was pumped.

let it sit overnight, started it up and same thing. went to a different gas station, filled my 1 gallon container with gas and dumped it into the car, same result and says low fuel. guess im making a trip to the dealer tomorrow but curious if anyone had this happen. somebody had mentioned this has happened after getting the suction pump recall done? don't recall exactly when mine was done but had to be awhile ago.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I had the sump recall last year and once I got the car back my fuel guage was fucked. From a full tank of gas it wouldn't go past half way, then as I'm driving it would go towards full, then back towards empty over a few dozen kms. Was pretty sweet watching my guage increase as I drive.

They had to deplete the sensor capacitor for it to reset properly. Havent had a problem since then.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
Iv got the same problem. It started a year ago, they replaced the tank both sending units. It was never correct, in the reading. I have ran out of gas with 1/4 tank, iv also driven for 80km on an empty tank. I'm not happy as it's been in for repair on this SAME problem, 3 times already, and will need to go in again next week. I am very close to asking for a buy back or a trade in.