GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BlueDriver OBDII Scan Tool...Anyone try it?

Kirk

Whats up everyone. My first post here on the forum. Picked up my 16' GTI Autobahn w/ PP last week and loving it so far. One wonky thing about it is the so called boost gauge under the Car section of the infotainment. It only displays in psia and doesnt read in the vacuum range from what I understand. Im looking at getting the BlueDriver bluetooth which seems like one of the better obd2 bluetooth systems. I was wondering if anyone has tried it or knows what live data you can get from it...ie boost pressure, AFR, EGT? Heres some info from their site, but you can never be sure if its correct.

http://www.lemurmonitors.com/index.html?p=FAQ#FAQ
http://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bl...TF8&qid=1463188208&sr=1-1&keywords=bluedriver

Any opinions?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
For $99, why not just get an OBDEleven?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Apple owns my soul.

The struggle is real.

I’m all in their ecosystem too, iPhone, IPad and a watch.

While I don’t like everything about Apple... Android Auto looks like hot garbage, UI looks like a Fisher Price my first smart phone car integration toy.

I bought an OBDEleven and a cheap Lenovo android tablet off Amazon. I think I paid $50 for the tablet and $79 for the OBDEleven IIRC.

Black Friday is next week, you can probably pick up a cheap tablet and OBDEleven at a discount.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Apple owns my soul.

The IOS app is nearly ready and they reckon it should be out in a month or two.

*edit*
We heard your requests for #iOS and we want to share some information with you:
• We’re in PRE-ALPHA stage with software
• BETA release is scheduled – 2019 Q1
• There is going to be NEW hardware released (our current device does not support Bluetooth Low Energy)
Hope this clarifies your concerns regarding iOS on OBDeleven.

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Apple is crap. Save your soul now my friend, I promise Microsoft o.s. and Android phones are much better ;)

With that being said, obd11 is a must have. I could not imagine even owning my car without some form of logging. Albeit the refresh rate is really slow, but these cars are soooo finicky when it comes to power and timing. They are not very consistent on the street, even a rough road can cause up to 30% power loss. Having obd11 or jb to see what's going on is crucial.

If you don't want to switch atleast get VCDS for just a little more. It's the best thing you can buy for your car, it will save you hundreds and hundreds of dollars in the long run my man!

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!
I agree with the Apple comments, but I might just punt for a while longer if an iOS version is coming. I’ve used OBD readers in numerous other cars and the eleven sure seems feature rich beyond what I was expecting.

I dig my gizmos.

DesertRat47

Passed Driver's Ed
I own the blue driver. It’s pretty solid.
It has just about everything you would need to diagnose or maintain your vehicle. One caveat, It doesn’t have any performance options with the app.

sovietsky191

Passed Driver's Ed
I own the blue driver. It’s pretty solid.
It has just about everything you would need to diagnose or maintain your vehicle. One caveat, It doesn’t have any performance options with the app.

Does it allow you to log your car and make graphs for diagnostics? And what do you mean “performanxe options”? Thanks for your help. I wanted to get the blue driver because i can use my iphone. I only need it for diagnostics and logging.

DesertRat47

Passed Driver's Ed
Does it allow you to log your car and make graphs for diagnostics? And what do you mean “performanxe options”? Thanks for your help. I wanted to get the blue driver because i can use my iphone. I only need it for diagnostics and logging.

Yes you can log. There’s a LIVE option. I hope this helps.