GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT Stage 2 Cast Production Sample Photos Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorlab

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15' GTI, 18" AT
Man, you vw guys are in a serious echo chamber.

40 units is cornering a market? LMAO. That is like .02% of overall VW sales for 2018

I guarantee Tomiko alone has sold MUCH more than that already.

Overall, you all have great options for stock appearing/bolt on turbos. Some enthusiasts of other platforms would kill for that.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
As much as I deplore VTTs customer reputation I am curious to see how their turbo does if it ever is released....think a lot of us are looking for mid 400s with good spool for a daily and the EQT is easily meeting that goal with tons of headroom....but to see another option should be interesting

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
As much as I deplore VTTs customer reputation I am curious to see how their turbo does if it ever is released....think a lot of us are looking for mid 400s with good spool for a daily and the EQT is easily meeting that goal with tons of headroom....but to see another option should be interesting

Looking at both , the VTT seems very similar to a td06 spool maybe a tincy bit more to the right of the band. Which means they are pretty similar in terms of spool. The real question is which one can be pushed more (30+ psi, e60+) and break quarter to mid 500s wheel hp.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Its my understanding that George has actually worked with Tony in the past and was going to use him to manufacture turbos for the mk7.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We needed to do testing in the early days to see how the ECU would react on altered turbos and Tony was most probably the first guy that shipped out a hybrid. There was never a intention in selling turbos as its not our field.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
We needed to do testing in the early days to see how the ECU would react on altered turbos and Tony was most probably the first guy that shipped out a hybrid. There was never a intention in selling turbos as its not our field.
Good to see you peeking around our threads George. Been a while since we talked. Terry actually wants to send me another JB4 for some testing so I may be talking to you soon. We were chatting about some things at NFZ 2 weeks ago. The little GTI impressed him. When the time is right, I will drop you an email

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Looking at both , the VTT seems very similar to a td06 spool maybe a tincy bit more to the right of the band. Which means they are pretty similar in terms of spool. The real question is which one can be pushed more (30+ psi, e60+) and break quarter to mid 500s wheel hp.
I am not sure what TD06 dynos you are looking at out. Our unit makes 300WTQ by 2600, and 400WTQ just above 3000RPM on a dyno with no load. You can drop this down at least 200RPM for a street pull with load. So far there is no hybrid on the market we have seen get close to that with 500WHP+ potential. Our unit literally spools right behind an IS38. Graph attached again

As for the rest of the nonsense in this thread, we just ignore and keep moving forward. Hope you guys are entertaining yourselves... Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Attachments

• VTT Production sample 300WTQ.jpg
    VTT Production sample 300WTQ.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 178
  • VTT Production sample 400WTQ.jpg
    VTT Production sample 400WTQ.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 181

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
I'm interested in assessing the knowledge and credibility of this vendor. I'm also interested in determining how the product performs.

I agree harassment is not called for, on the other hand I can see that when a vendor comes here and bad-mouths the products that members of this forum own, they're setting themselves up for negativity.
This is hilarious to me. I cannot point out ACTUAL facts about a unit because people bought them, and that hurts their feelings? I will say it again, if you cannot handle the facts of the matter that these vendors are all buying their parts from the same places, and putting their names on them, I would suggest leaving the thread.

Show me one of these hybrids with their logo cast into the housing, and I will show you a company that put actual money into R&D, development, molding costs, sampling costs etc. Show me the guys that Laser engrave their names on the housings, and I will show you people who are buying mass produced housings, putting their "custom" wheels in them and passing them off as their own.

If you bought one of those, and it performs well, and you like it. Then why do you care about these facts, it doesn't affect you. Baffling how quickly people get upset when releasing a product better than something they already spent money on.

We will have this unit on the car by next week and will be doing this 3 way dyno day with Tomioka, and Boss 600. I look forward to more butthurt when those results are posted... Stay Tuned

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
This is hilarious to me. I cannot point out ACTUAL facts about a unit because people bought them, and that hurts their feelings? I will say it again, if you cannot handle the facts of the matter that these vendors are all buying their parts from the same places, and putting their names on them, I would suggest leaving the thread.

Show me one of these hybrids with their logo cast into the housing, and I will show you a company that put actual money into R&D, development, molding costs, sampling costs etc. Show me the guys that Laser engrave their names on the housings, and I will show you people who are buying mass produced housings, putting their "custom" wheels in them and passing them off as their own.

If you bought one of those, and it performs well, and you like it. Then why do you care about these facts, it doesn't affect you. Baffling how quickly people get upset when releasing a product better than something they already spent money on.

We will have this unit on the car by next week and will be doing this 3 way dyno day with Tomioka, and Boss 600. I look forward to more butthurt when those results are posted... Stay Tuned

We need to get an EQT turbo on board so we can do a 4way. The tomioka will probably be on the lower end of the spectrum power wise compared to the others.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
All these cars are going to be on the same fuel??

Nah. It won't be a proper dyno comparison or anything when it comes to my setup since Cobb doesn't have MPI support so I'll be limited to something around e48. The Boss kit and VTT both have MPI and will probably be close to e85 I'd think.

pieguy

Ready to race!
I'll be full e85 for the pulls around 34 to 35 psi I think. Parts in signature.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
All these cars are going to be on the same fuel??
That's what I want to know. What do all of these do on 91 and 93 pump gas. I don't want to have to do a full fuel upgrade and run an Eblend of some sort.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.