GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
End of the month is when the next batch comes in.

We have 5 orders that didn’t get the discharge pipe kit, and those will be going out next week. The turbos are all ready to go now, however we’ve been waiting on the revised silicone hose for the pipe kits which are supposed to be ready at the very end of November. Thank you all for your patience!

— Ed

railroader

Autocross Newbie
We have 5 orders that didn’t get the discharge pipe kit, and those will be going out next week. The turbos are all ready to go now, however we’ve been waiting on the revised silicone hose for the pipe kits which are supposed to be ready at the very end of November. Thank you all for your patience!

— Ed
What was revised on it?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!

— Ed

I’m on the list of those who got the discharge kit, so my wait will be a bit longer but I don’t mind at all. That’s what I get for waiting to pull the trigger in this deal :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I’m in the list of those who got the discharge kit, so my wait will be a bit longer but I don’t mind at all. That’s what I get for waiting to pull the trigger in this deal :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most everyone is in the same boat. Just the lucky first few snagged the last few turbos that were available.

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
What was revised on it?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Small revisions for fitment to make the install easier. But it did mean a new mold, so it added a bit of a delay. All in the name of progress though ;).

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Still thinking of selling the pipe kit separate? It’ll fit other turbos? I’d be interested if so.

Yep absolutely. Priority right now is to get enough of them for the turbo kits. But once we’re caught up, we’ll offer them separately as well.

— Ed

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
We're finally adding power to the tune... I ran out of fueling headroom on the stock system around 29psi, which was ezpz for the turbo to make :). Working on dialing it back a bit while retaining as much oomph as possible.

I'm easily exceeding the top-end of the IS38 + E35 + meth tune I was running before, but this time on pump+meth. Still hitting full spool around 3k RPM. Really happy with this turbo.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
We're finally adding power to the tune... I ran out of fueling headroom on the stock system around 29psi, which was ezpz for the turbo to make :). Working on dialing it back a bit while retaining as much oomph as possible.

I'm easily exceeding the top-end of the IS38 + E35 + meth tune I was running before, but this time on pump+meth. Still hitting full spool around 3k RPM. Really happy with this turbo.

This is great to hear.

vw671

Autocross Newbie

Do you have any fuel pump or injector upgrades at this point?

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Do you have any fuel pump or injector upgrades at this point?

I'm bone-stock on the fueling system. It's the only thing, external to the engine, that I haven't modified lol.

I am spraying meth from a cm5, but the flow isn't really that much. It is mostly used as a cooling agent to keep things around ambient.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I'm bone-stock on the fueling system. It's the only thing, external to the engine, that I haven't modified lol.

I am spraying meth from a cm5, but the flow isn't really that much. It is mostly used as a cooling agent to keep things around ambient.

I'm running 29 w/ an Autotech HPFP and my factory Golf-R injectors which I hear is slightly more flow than the GTi's.