GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Ok ok.. It pains me but i'll fix my current and try and save for 6m to a year. Hell, maybe I'll even get a blue rabbit if they're still around. It'll be tough to bring my credit up 100 points in that time though there is a medical delinquency. I'ts been on there for 4/5 years it's already done its full damage and I've been told just to ignore it at this point.

so looks like you just have to wait 2 more years for that to clear...

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/can-medical-bills-affect-credit-report/

in the meantime, you can still improve your score, maybe not by 100, but even 50 is a start

Point_Blank

Passed Driver's Ed
so looks like you just have to wait 2 more years for that to clear...

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/can-medical-bills-affect-credit-report/

in the meantime, you can still improve your score, maybe not by 100, but even 50 is a start

Yup its definitely a bummer. An emergency I had when I was young and parents had me put it on my name with no insurance and told me they'd take care of it. False promises = bad credit for 7 years.

Other than that I have very low student loan debt and no credit card debt with good standing for all accounts.

Ninjastyle

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup its definitely a bummer. An emergency I had when I was young and parents had me put it on my name with no insurance and told me they'd take care of it. False promises = bad credit for 7 years.

Other than that I have very low student loan debt and no credit card debt with good standing for all accounts.

That sucks. Glad to hear you’re making the best of it.

Stick around the forums while you’re building your credit back up. We’ll all be here to celebrate when you drive home in a new 2020 SE. [emoji1635]

FWIW I was looking at cars last year and really wanted a GTI. Decided I couldn’t afford it and went with a Golf. Every time I pass in one the street I feel a pang if regret but I know this was the best decision for me given my financial circumstances. Hope to be able to upgrade soon [emoji1696]

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Blank,

Man, that sux...but it sounds like stuff is improving. Props I think you are making good choices and down the road you will be glad you waited.

IwantSumGTI

I was wondering if this is a good deal for 2018 GTI S manual

27580 MSRP
21537 + tax and fee
OTD 24000.

Is this a good deal?
I am come nor cal, everything is expensive in the bay area. sigh

Thanks

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

27580 MSRP
21537 + tax and fee
OTD 24000.

Is this a good deal?

You have $6k off the base trim and thats a pretty good deal assuming there is no additional exorbitant dealer documentation fee.

No one talks about the inflated pay you guys are offered.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

27580 MSRP
21537 + tax and fee
OTD 24000.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks

Carve out the taxes, title, license as they aren't negotiable and then see what the price is. Assuming ~9% taxes it looks like it's about $22k to the dealer? So, $5500 off sticker? Pretty good for a base model that has lower margins. What's APR?

Chuhsi

$21.4k plus TTL. GTI S manual with the usual accessory kit. Bay Area. Can get the same or close price from a few other Bay Area dealers that have in-stock vehicles.

SCCA $500 discount. 3.9 percent financing or cash.

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
$21.4k plus TTL. GTI S manual with the usual accessory kit. Bay Area. Can get the same or close price from a few other Bay Area dealers that have in-stock vehicles.

SCCA $500 discount. 3.9 percent financing or cash.

Great deal, i might be interested in doing that. Which dealer and who?

ohrian

I bought at end of December. I have a 2017 white SE with DSG, sport package, upgraded wheels, emergency kit, carpet and hard rubber floor mats.

Out the door price was $24.5 K with 0% 60 month financing.

cb1111

Dang deals aren't anywhere near as good as last year on the 17's.
So let's look at the differences between last year and this year.

There was a fairly abundant supply of cars that were pre-facelift - so many customers wanted the newer version because there were significant visible differences.

Interest rates were near zero, so cars (and financing) cost less. Each 1% is about $1000 over the life of a loan.

SiRcivic27

'18 R. MSRP 40,955 Purchase Price $36,550+210 in dealer fees+TTL. Bought on black Friday but that was just a coincidence.

Last edited: