GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mishimoto's MK7 Intercooler and Piping R&D Thread

Mishimoto1

Ready to race!
Looks good! Need to tell your website guy to put a section at the top of the engineering blog for the VW GTI. :p

Much appreciated! And it's in the works ;)

Will you guys make it for Black Friday Intro pricing for those of us looking for IC's?

I'm not sure if the intercooler will make it into our Black Friday pricing, but we will be offering a discounted presale once we're wrapping up with production!

-Nick

Mishimoto1

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bring this thread back to the top since we're going to have some more info on the intercooler coming your way very soon!

-Nick

Mishimoto1

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Happy Tuesday! Bumping this thread up with the latest update in our MK7 intercooler development! As always, make sure to head over to the Engineering Blog for the full scoop!

We had the fresh-faced MK7.5 Golf R here at Mishi HQ last month for a bout of testing with our intercooler production samples, but before we dive into the test results, let's take a look at the fruit of our prototyping labors

Typically, these new intercooler production samples show up like a wrecking ball. No, not like a scantily clad Miley Cyrus, but rather with size-doubling volume increases figuratively smashing the stock unit to smithereens. This time around, though, given our extremely tight build envelope, our new design might look mostly the same to some. We can assure you that much like the subtle outward appearance of the MK7 GTI and Golf R, looks can be deceiving.

Make sure you head to the Engineering Blog to see the specifics of the innovation we packed into this intercooler! Also keep your eyes peeled for the results of our dyno test coming soon!

As always, feel free to shoot me any comments, questions of concerns

-Nick

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Very nice looking piece of gear. Based on the numbers in the blog, this should compare favorably with the only other stock location IC with flow distribution vanes. If I did my math right, it'll be slightly larger than most of the name brand units currently available too. Any word on pricing yet?

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Target msrp?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I want to commend you for the continued communication and straightforward marketing. So many other vendors throw shade on competing products, and it is truly refreshing to have the opposite, especially considering your time-to-market.

Now go make a bunch of other well-engineered products for the community to get excited about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mishimoto1

Ready to race!
Very nice looking piece of gear. Based on the numbers in the blog, this should compare favorably with the only other stock location IC with flow distribution vanes. If I did my math right, it'll be slightly larger than most of the name brand units currently available too. Any word on pricing yet?

Target msrp?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I want to commend you for the continued communication and straightforward marketing. So many other vendors throw shade on competing products, and it is truly refreshing to have the opposite, especially considering your time-to-market.

Now go make a bunch of other well-engineered products for the community to get excited about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Much appreciated guys! We want to make sure you know exactly what your getting and how it'll improve over the stock equipment. Sure, we would compare to other competitors out there, but at the end of the day it's your GTI/Golf R that these intercoolers are going on, and we'd rather you guys be happy with the mods, even if it isn't one of ours :)

So we've already did some research on oil coolers (which I'll make sure to keep you guys posted on) any other products you'd like to see for the MK7 platform?

Nick, have you considered the fitment on MK7 R's with ACC?

We're highly confident that this will fit on vehicles with the adaptive cruise control! While the Golf R's that we had in didn't have it installed, our intercooler fits in the stock location and doesn't move anything around. The only thing that we would need to confirm would be any extraneous wiring that might be around the front cooling stack.

-Nick

Mishimoto1

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump this and keep you posted on the project! We're still buttoning up the dyno results and I'll be working on a big post for you that will go over our findings in the new year!

-Nick