GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Thank you again.

So, the height will not be a problem. I'll use the car on the maximum height on daily driver, but I'll probably lower the car when going to the track.

No certainly not. Range of lowering is 0.6-1.8" for the front and 0.8-2.0" for the rear. That gives you a lot of room for flexibility.

Just make sure you get a setting that can work for both daily driving and tracking. It's very expensive to get alignments, and corner balances after every suspension adjustment. I'm going to keep my car a little higher for comfortable daily driving and lapping on the circuit.

Keep me posted with what you decide on! Good luck with your build.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Very exciting news! The car will be finished from installation and tuning this week!

USP Motorsports also had some incredible deals this week. I ended up getting a few extra goodies. Those will go in Phase 2 of my build.

Ended up purchasing a Water/Methanol kit by AEM.

Also some suspension goodies:

Neuspeed Race rear Anti-Sway Bar

H&R Front Anti-Sway Bar

Also have been waiting for this bad boy to go on sale:

Navi

Autocross Champion
any pics of the enkei over the ap racing.. curious how that came out with fitment? I'm probably going to sell my enkei wheels. Not too fond of having to static balance them for clearance. I really like my neuspeed wheels and they have better clearance. Might use them for summer as well or get some Volk CE40 wheels.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
any pics of the enkei over the ap racing.. curious how that came out with fitment? I'm probably going to sell my enkei wheels. Not too fond of having to static balance them for clearance. I really like my neuspeed wheels and they have better clearance. Might use them for summer as well or get some Volk CE40 wheels.

Hey buddy! I haven't taken any pictures of the Enkei's over the Rad-i-cal AP kit yet. They were finishing up on a few things (Oil Cooler mounting, Charge Pipes, and Etc) first. That will be the last touch getting the wheels on. Once the wheels are on, I'll have a better idea of now the wheels will need to be balanced. I'd love to keep my Enkei's, but if it doesn't work out I'm already talking to a friend about getting a set of Advan TC-4. I'll probably end up selling my Enkei's sadly. I absolutely love those wheels, but I love my brakes more haha ;) I wish we could have our cake and eat it too!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

my mechanic just sent me these today. Sorry about the poor resolution, Here is our Front mounted custom fitted Mishimoto Universal 19 row oil cooler installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
What do you have the oil cooler hooked up to? Iabed oil cooling plate?

Yes I’m using the Gen3 TSI Oil Cooler Adapter Plate Kit. They had to modify it for The Mishimoto hose diameter.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Damn your car is looking mean! Looking forward to videos

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Damn your car is looking mean! Looking forward to videos

Thank you man! Yes, videos coming soon! ;)

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

AEM water/methanol injection kit arrived. Picked it up during the “dark week” sale over at USP motorsports. Also grabbed some Torco Race fuel ⛽️ and a jumbo sized race funnel for fill ups. Want to get my octane points up on the unitronic Stage 2+ tune.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hey man, car looks great!

What shop do you get your mods done at? I'm right across the ridge in Antelope valley and am looking for a good VW shop.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Hey man, car looks great!

What shop do you get your mods done at? I'm right across the ridge in Antelope valley and am looking for a good VW shop.

I usually do all of the research, and look for my parts myself personally. For installation and wrenching I've been going to JMP Autowerkz in Canoga Park. They are an amazing Track Preparation shop for fine german automobiles. :) My contact is Mohammed over there, and Jerek. They are both co-owners. If you would like to contact them tell them Jason Scheier sent you. They are very very good.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jmp-autowerkz-canoga-park-3

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I usually do all of the research, and look for my parts myself personally. For installation and wrenching I've been going to JMP Autowerkz in Canoga Park. They are an amazing Track Preparation shop for fine german automobiles. :) My contact is Mohammed over there, and Jerek. They are both co-owners. If you would like to contact them tell them Jason Scheier sent you. They are very very good.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jmp-autowerkz-canoga-park-3

I feel you, I usually do the same. Unfortunately I don't own a lift, otherwise I would be doing just about all my mods myself. I'll definitely drop by that place, sounds great! Thanks for the info.

Btw, do you know if those upper front canards provide any substantial downforce by themselves?

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
I feel you, I usually do the same. Unfortunately I don't own a lift, otherwise I would be doing just about all my mods myself. I'll definitely drop by that place, sounds great! Thanks for the info.

Btw, do you know if those upper front canards provide any substantial downforce by themselves?

Definitely man! No problem buddy, You can only get so far with Race Ramps. Also the car is too low now to work at home with the ramps. hah

Yes, they provide a decent amount of downforce. Here is all the Wind tunnel data from Versus Engineering.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/0af162_8cf6769eefa7447db0745565dcea2c4a.pdf

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Definitely man! No problem buddy, You can only get so far with Race Ramps. Also the car is too low now to work at home with the ramps. hah

Yes, they provide a decent amount of downforce. Here is all the Wind tunnel data from Versus Engineering.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/0af162_8cf6769eefa7447db0745565dcea2c4a.pdf

Lol I dropped mine a mere 1" with some change, and now can barely do anything under it.

Wind tunnel data! Holy cow. Now I don't have to run CFD :) thanks, bud!

Btw, I saw a red GTI in Santa Clarita a few months back with canards and other stuff, but it looked cheap and I knew it had stock power/torque. Maaan, that thing looked tasteless. Yours, on the other hand, looks sick! Good job.