GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error: Service Vehicle

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
A recall would be excellent. Motivate my ass to actually deal with this. I know i posted pages ago, saying i'd do it before warranty expired... but i waited and forgot. lol.

Is the crux of the issue with the codes below simply a bad sensor or is there actually something wrong?

02 Transmission
Trouble codes:
P173400 - Starter release from the selector lever sensor system
Intermittent

16 Steering Column Electronics
Trouble codes:
B116229 - Selector lever park position lock switch Implausible signal
Intermittent

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie

If anyone needs a photo to show the advisor. It’s happened 3 other times since I was able to snap this one.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Still no codes in memory? Start the car, leave it in Park, and keep pressing the interlock button on the shifter. If you get the codes, figure out how long they stay there. If they're there long enough, you can take your car tot a dealer and sit in the parking lot and do it again.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
I would be so happy if they do a recall, I was taking one of my family members for a ride and was telling him how VW is pretty reliable now days and they don’t have lots of issues like they did along time ago. Then “Ding” a big yellow triangle pops up and their like what was that. Then I have to explain how it’s not 100% reliable. ��

Last edited:

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Still no codes in memory? Start the car, leave it in Park, and keep pressing the interlock button on the shifter. If you get the codes, figure out how long they stay there. If they're there long enough, you can take your car tot a dealer and sit in the parking lot and do it again.

I’m not going to mess with it. Theory is that last time my checking the codes erased them.

I called VWoA today to let them know it’s happening again. They said I have to get it diagnosed before they can escalate to my regional case manager again. I go to the dealer and as per usual they claimed to be too busy to scan the car today. So, I have to bring it back Thursday. For now, this is ok since my work is closed this week due to the fires (Malibu).

I hope they’ll be nice and cover it under warranty again despite my mileage. We discussed this and while not committing to anything, they seemed willing to help somehow. I really can’t believe there hasn’t been a recall or warranty extension for this yet. And I don’t want to leave it alone to have it crap out on me. I wish they could appreciate how much of a pain in the ass it is to be able to get the car to the dealer, deal with them sitting on it for 3 days before scanning it, trying to get to work, taking off work early to get there before they close, etc... it is not easy. If I had to work this week, I wouldn’t be able to get this handled. I leave the house by 6:30am and get to the area where the dealer is after 5pm when the techs have all quit for the day.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Shift mechanism replaced, no questions asked after they found the code.

Part number is 5q1-713-041-e

Last edited:

Mars1

Ready to race!
Mine does the same message, it is so fast I can barely read it before it disappears. Totally random while driving, it happens every couple of weeks.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Dealership found the fault today. Gave me my car back while they (me) contact VWoA to discuss warranty and if they'll cover it. Regardless, they'll have to order the part so I get to waste my time yet again. Oh, joy. Why does this have to be such a drawn out and arduous process?

neodll

Just got my car looked at by VW. Said known issue and a recall will be coming out in the next 1-2 months and to bring it back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just got my car looked at by VW. Said known issue and a recall will be coming out in the next 1-2 months and to bring it back then.

Are you out of warranty?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Typically if a recall happens such as what's detailed here, vw also includes an option for reimbursement (see the timing chain tensioners from the mk6 for example)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

I heard about a recall coming this December at one dealership. At another dealership they told me they heard nothing about an impending recall.