GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brembo Front 4 pot Big brake kit for sale

warrior.nomad01

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113307510106

Front big brake kit for all mqb/pq platforms. Almost new. Fits cars like Golf GTI R mk7 Octavia vRS A7, Tiquan and many others. Very lightweight. Full bolt on. Fits OEM 340mm brake disk.

800 usd shipped

ebay or paypal secured

VW EOS
VW GOLF 5,6,7
VW PASSAT CC
VW TOURAN
VW JETTA
VW CADDY
VW TIGUAN
VW SCIROCCO
VW 32
VW r20
VW GTI
VW GT
VW GTD
SEAT LEON
SEAT ALHAMBRA
SEAT FR
SEAT FS
SEAT ALTEA
SEAT FREETRACK
SEAT IBIZA
SKODA OCTAVIA RS
SKODA SUPERB
SKODA YETI
AUDI A3 / S3

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 1,252
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 1,730

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
I purchased these brakes and am awaiting their arrival. I know it's a bit of a gamble but I figured it was worth a shot.

When they arrive, I would be happy to take the brackets and and try to find a local person to try to recreate them (after I test fit them of course). The calipers are pulled from a Renault Megane RS 275 Trophy I am told, but I have to think the brackets should work for just about any Brembo OE caliper that mounts this way.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I purchased these brakes and am awaiting their arrival. I know it's a bit of a gamble but I figured it was worth a shot.

When they arrive, I would be happy to take the brackets and and try to find a local person to try to recreate them (after I test fit them of course). The calipers are pulled from a Renault Megane RS 275 Trophy I am told, but I have to think the brackets should work for just about any Brembo OE caliper that mounts this way.

did they ever arrive? Any updates?

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
This should probably be moved to a more appropriate section...but here is a response anywho...

Inquiring minds want to know which TRW brackets are those? Thanks
did they ever arrive? Any updates?

Hey all - these did arrive and I am in the process of installing them. I have done a few test fits and they seem to bolt up nicely. The caliper sticks out 33mm from then hub face so Austins definitely won't fit. My summer wheels are BBS SRs in 18x8 35et and they don't fit either. They are SUPER close, and if I run a 5mm spacer I think they will work fine for a daily. For the track I am going to run 18x8.5 32et TSWs and they should clear no problem at all with that offset and wheel design. Pad choices are near endless as these take the same pad as 4 piston STI Brembos and LOTS of other performance cars.

Concerns:

1) As stated these calipers come from the Renault Megane RS. That car's rotor is 340x28mm and the opening for the rotor in the caliper is only 32mm wide. It doesn't touch anywhere, but obviously that only leaves 1 mm on either side for the GTI's 30mm wide rotor. We shall see how they work! Those pics showing how close the caliper is to the rotor are a little misleading. I didn't have the caliper bolted on tightly and there is a little play as far as the positioning of the caliper. I just need to get them centered perfectly before torquing them down.

2) I don't know what torque value I can use for the bolts that thread into the aluminum bracket. The stock caliper mounting torque is 200Nm, but I have to think that is too much for the new aluminum brackets. I guess if they strip they will be good candidates for steel helicoils, lol. If anyone knows more about aluminum (it is supposedly to be d16t aluminum if that means anything to you - U.S. equivalent is 2420-T6) and how I might determine a torque value for the bolts, feel free to chime in.

Once I get them mounted and working I will let you all know how it is going. I have 2 track days planned before May, so it may be a while till I have a solid opinion. If they work out well, I'd be happy to have the brackets recreated for anyone interested. I am not sure if other US market Brembos mount the same way, but if so, it could be a nice brake upgrade option for MK7 cars.

Attachments

• IMG_6594.JPG
    IMG_6594.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_6595.JPG
    IMG_6595.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_6596.JPG
    IMG_6596.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_6597.JPG
    IMG_6597.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_6598.JPG
    IMG_6598.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_6599.JPG
    IMG_6599.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_6608.JPG
    IMG_6608.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

AutoFreak

Hey, would you mind sharing what vehicle these came from? I was going to upgrade to PP brakes but it makes sense to spend the extra money for brembo's!

DAS_STIG

Banned
1) As stated these calipers come from the Renault Megane RS. That car's rotor is 340x28mm and the opening for the rotor in the caliper is only 32mm wide. It doesn't touch anywhere, but obviously that only leaves 1 mm on either side for the GTI's 30mm wide rotor. We shall see how they work! Those pics showing how close the caliper is to the rotor are a little misleading. I didn't have the caliper bolted on tightly and there is a little play as far as the positioning of the caliper. I just need to get them centered perfectly before torquing them down.

Hey, would you mind sharing what vehicle these came from? I was going to upgrade to PP brakes but it makes sense to spend the extra money for brembo's!