GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's Pure White GTI Sport - "The Comeback" Build

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
love the clubsport decal on the side. really like how your car looks without a front plate. :/ cali is so strict with license plates. great build so far~! Cheers~!

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Ordered a ton of detailing supplies last weekend. I've always been super into detailing and cleaning my car on a weekly basis (two bucket method) but I have never really jumped into the realm of paint correction. I will be polishing my car probably next weekend or before Simply Clean 10.

Here is the list of what I added to my arsenal of detailing items:

Harbor Freight DA with the grease mod (got it from my friend for free, used only 4 times)
Lake Country 5" Backing Plate
Meguiar's 5" DA Microfiber Cutting Disc
Meguiar's 5" DA Microfiber Finishing Disc
Meguiar's 5" DA Foam Finishing Disc
Meguiar's D30016 Correction Compound
Meguiar's D30216 Polish
Meguiar's Foam Applicator Pads
Jescar Power Lock
CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser
McKee's 37 Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo
Cobra Clay Mitt
Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towel
The Rag Company Microfiber Towels
Chemical Guys Wash Mitt
Astro Pneumatic Tool 50SL Sunlight 400lm
Griot's Garage Detailers Bag
SONAX Insect Sponge

Last edited:

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Ha same here man. I got a very similar list of goodies. My first time in paint correction was recently with my harbor freight DA. It's really not as bad as I thought. Just take it slow and you will get the hang of it quick and be amazed with the results!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Washed, Clayed, Polished and Sealed my car yesterday! Over 6hrs of work, but the results are amazing! My car has never been so clean. Paint looks so wet!

You can view some before and afters on my IG story: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17896899424268799/

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Picked up a few goodies at Simply Clean this past weekend. Here’s the main highlight. Got an amazing deal on Adam's Polishes Swirl Killer. I also bought Adam's Foam and Microfiber Pads, brush for the pads, and their Odor Eliminator spray (to use after the gym on my cloth seats). Luckily my friend who gave me his Harbor Freight DA also gave me Adam's correcting polish and finishing polish. So I now have pretty much a whole lineup of Adam's polishing stuff.

Here’s a roller shot for your viewing pleasure :)

Also, my buddy that I was driving home with noticed that one of my headlight bulbs is brighter than the other. So I went ahead and ordered a new set of D3S builds from deAutoLED. Going to try the fender method of installing first and if not I’ll just remove the bumper and headlights. They were running a 15% off VETS coupon! Also ordered a set of Osram Cool Blue Hyper H7 bulbs (for cornering lights).

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Was it the passenger side that was brighter? It would appear that way because the driver's side is aimed lower.

No, he said that my driver's side was brighter than my passenger. I think it was because of my accident. I think they only replaced 1 bulb and not 2. Passenger light got replaced.

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Fixed the “headlight brightness issue”. Still going to install the other lights that I ordered though.

My drivers side headlight was wayyyyy off and higher than the passenger side. So I adjusted them and now they are even. Then I used OBD11 and made it my “basic setting”. Easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Installed my new headlight bulbs and AFS bulbs today! Such a pain in the ass to change out! Didn’t want to drop the bumper and remove the headlights so I had to jack up the car and remove the fender liner to access the headlight housing. Then used a very very small ratchet and a t20 to remove the bolts of the housing. Well worth it though! Can’t wait to see the increased brightness and visibility at night!

Left deAutoLED, Right OEM

AFS bulb

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Pretty much finished all my Black Friday shopping! Here’s a list of what I bought.

Adams Polishes Black Friday edition foam canon combo kit
Wheels – 18x9.5et35
TTRS clutch kit from FCP Euro
iAbed Rear Main Seal
Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor Ceramic Coating for new wheels.
New Front Fender Liners (mine were cut when I got my fenders rolled and now sagging and rubbing on tires)

Will prob tune my car sometime next year. More than likely going to go with Stratified Pro Tune.

Last edited: