GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pure White Weekend Warrior

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Thanks man! Appreciate the comments. Had the RSB installed last Thursday but haven't had a chance to drive the car much since then (or post an update).

First impressions from what little driving I've done so far are positive. The bar does noticably stiffen the rear suspension and is a bit harsher over bumps. Body roll is greatly reduced and car corners much flatter.

Excited to hit the track on Saturday to put this setup to the test. Weather looking a bit rough at this point (cold and wet) so not sure what sort of conditions we'll be dealing with. Fingers crossed...
You car looks great! I'm considering a set of hyper black rse10s for my white gti (4 door) also. Let me know what you think of your new sway bar. I just installed a 25mm Eibach rear sway on mine last weekend and it handles great and the install was pretty simple (minus stripping one of the endlink triple squares :mad:). Haven't gotten any track time yet, but those high speed lane changes and on/off ramps are much flatter! :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Fresh wash before Saturday at Lime Rock. Gotta make sure she is looking her best before getting out on the track :D:D

The ceramic coating has held up well over the past two months. The car is garaged but has been driven plenty. She's been hand washed almost every week (occasionally every other week) since then and I've applied CarPro Reload each time after drying.

The wintertime will be the real test, when the hand washes will be more limited. Will have to find a good "no touch" automatic car wash close by.

How are you guys keeping your cars clean in the winter?

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
The wintertime will be the real test, when the hand washes will be more limited. Will have to find a good "no touch" automatic car wash close by.

How are you guys keeping your cars clean in the winter?

Like this :D https://i.imgur.com/2HOuftT.jpg

Too cold to hand wash outside (and it was raining every other day the entire month), too busy/lazy to stop by touchless car wash.

Also had a bad experience with the machine spraying my car with soap but not rinsing it out LOL. Had to pay again and go through the other bay.

I just leave it dirty until the opportunity comes to hand wash... not ceramic coated, just silica spray sealants.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Haha. I have no doubt mine will look exactly like this in a month's time. Sometimes you just have to embrace it and go with the look.

May add some mud flaps and just go full rally for winter mode :p:D

Like this :D https://i.imgur.com/2HOuftT.jpg

Too cold to hand wash outside (and it was raining every other day the entire month), too busy/lazy to stop by touchless car wash.

Also had a bad experience with the machine spraying my car with soap but not rinsing it out LOL. Had to pay again and go through the other bay.

I just leave it dirty until the opportunity comes to hand wash... not ceramic coated, just silica spray sealants.

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Ha I still need to give mine a pre-winter treatment. Luckily I can still clean my car in my buildings indoor garage :)

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I've been using Reload this year too! Made the switch from Megs Techwax because I wanted to see what all the synthetic spray craze was about. So far, I'm hooked! It's so easy to apply and seems to do a great job protecting. Water beads up so nicely and dirt just wipes away (even months after applying). But like you said, this winter will be the real test. Don't forget to apply some to your wheels!

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Ha I still need to give mine a pre-winter treatment. Luckily I can still clean my car in my buildings indoor garage :)

Jealous of your garage situation. Unfortunately, my apartment building garage is not fully enclosed, so cold as heck and no access to water. I've been washing the car at a nearby self-service wash and bring along with me two full buckets and all of my gear each time.

Btw, what does your winter prep usually entail? Want to make sure I'm ready to go. Been a while since I've had a car I want to show some love over the winter months. Last year I was in a leased Jeep Cherokee :eek:

I've been using Reload this year too! Made the switch from Megs Techwax because I wanted to see what all the synthetic spray craze was about. So far, I'm hooked! It's so easy to apply and seems to do a great job protecting. Water beads up so nicely and dirt just wipes away (even months after applying). But like you said, this winter will be the real test. Don't forget to apply some to your wheels!

Good call on the wheels!!

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Jealous of your garage situation. Unfortunately, my apartment building garage is not fully enclosed, so cold as heck and no access to water. I've been washing the car at a nearby self-service wash and bring along with me two full buckets and all of my gear each time.

Btw, what does your winter prep usually entail? Want to make sure I'm ready to go. Been a while since I've had a car I want to show some love over the winter months. Last year I was in a leased Jeep Cherokee :eek:

Good call on the wheels!!
Yeah its pretty convenient to take the elevator down to wash the car. I bought a hose and have been using the faucet near the maintenance closet. Have been getting some weird looks from people, but oh well haha.

This is my first nice car, so I have never had to do winter prep haha. I am planning to just give it a good clean, clay, wax, and sealant. Also just bought a new set of winter wheels (Konig Rennform), so going to probably ceramic coat those bad boys!

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
So, some good news and bad news.

Bad news first. I had to bail on the Lime Rock event due to very cold and rainy weather. It stormed out all weekend and it wasn't worth making the long drive for conditions that were not going to be much fun. Looks like I will have to call it an early season.

The good news is, I ordered and installed some RallyArmor mud flaps while I changed to the winter setup.

Here she is in "winter mode" :D

Ready to take on the mountains and snow!!

Also... My eBay rear black badge kept unseating itself so swapped back to OEM. May search for a better option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Been a long time since my last update. Life has got in the way. Not much track or autocross driving since I last posted. Couple winter trips from Boston to Montreal and frequent weekend drives up to the White Mountains to hike the NH48.

Car has been great. Regular oil changes every 5k or at least twice a year. Been running LiquiMoly (5w40) in the summer time and their 0w40 in the winter. Car now up to 36k of mileage.

In Jan of this year, I decided to go stage 2 and pulled the trigger on APRs turbo back exhaust which includes their high flow cat and free upgraded ECU software. Very happy w the performance and sound. Not super aggressive sounding for daily driving, but loud enough when you open it up. Big upgrade from the muffler delete and stock cat.

BBK ordered last week for install today. APRs front kit (with the 350mm rotors and SS brake lines) are going on today. Rear rotors are being swapped for slightly larger EBCs (272mm). Keeping the nonPP rear calipers and going with Yellow Stuff pads.

Planning a couple of track days for August. Will post pics and updates.

Last edited:

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Would highly recommend Auto Engineering. They are super knowledgeable and professional. If you reach out, ask for Dylan Bergeron and tell him I said hello. He's been able to point me in the right direction with any questions I've had about the platform including clutch/flywheel, brakes, suspension, etc. They are also a registered APR dealer.

I'm in E Boston and it is worth the 30 min drive for me. Probably not much further from Newburyport.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Snuck up to the White Mountains this weekend to climb Mt. Madison. Car was great on the highway. We burnt a couple Hondas and did a couple of pulls along side a GT3 just North of Boston on Rte 93. I think I know what I am upgrading to once I make it big. Lol.

Also officially registered to run with the SCDA at Thompson on Saturday Aug 15th in Int 1 Group. Anyone local going to be there?