GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage2 and still loving it!

Aussie R

Ready to race!
Did the Haldex pump fail?

Yep, pump failed. The filter was clogged and caused starvation. I probably should have had it looked at when I first noticed it, but I just thought it's winter and front tyres worn. It started to happen like many others not long after having it serviced.

VW were terrible to deal with. Refused to update software which was possible fix. Just wanted to charge to scan. Showed fault and had unit replaced and my mechanic had 2 days of issues with VW to get the updated software installed.

I totally love my car and way it drives but VW service turned me off. I am very unlikely to get another VW it's Audi as prefer service, sedan and better deals in Australia. Wife's on second s3 sedan and tough to find anything that comes close to swap to. Have 18 months til lease up so plenty of time. By then the a35 out, new 1series and mk8. So great time to update.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I had a tuned MK5. There's just no way to get around FWD without slicks. The vast majority of the members here don't remember cursing Chrysler for starting this crap with their K-car. At the time the only thing FWD was good for at the time was driving in the snow without snow tires. I resisted until I got transferred and needed to drive a long distance to work.

On the street my car hooks just fine. I’ve driven mk6 and 7 R and don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything except for at the track, which I’ve only visited four times in 64,000 miles. If it was something I did more often slicks would definitely fill that void

italynstylion

Ready to race!
I'm also APR Stage2 right off the dealer lot. It's a beast and has given me ZERO issues (currently 16k miles). I do wish there was something to give me just a bit more without going full Stage 3.

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
0-60 3.5.
I turned 11.8 at 115 in the Qtr earlier this year.

It's a daily driver. No problems other than needing to change the spark plugs. My APR tuner recommended the RS7 plug.

Everything works flawlessly!

Nice, that's competing nicely with a stock RS3.
Sounds like an animal, enjoy.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I'm also APR Stage2 right off the dealer lot. It's a beast and has given me ZERO issues (currently 16k miles). I do wish there was something to give me just a bit more without going full Stage 3.

Rumor has it that APR is working on a Hybrid Turbo.

That will be the only item I will add.

I've driven a friends Stage 3 and there's certainly more pull, but not the huge leap I was expecting for the amount of cash he spent on it.

Hatcher

Ready to race!
I've had my APR Stage 2 for a while now as well. Love the increased power!

But I have a manual, and moved to a Southbend Stage 2 clutch and hate the chatter and noise! That's the only complaint:)

italynstylion

Ready to race!
Rumor has it that APR is working on a Hybrid Turbo.

That will be the only item I will add.

I've driven a friends Stage 3 and there's certainly more pull, but not the huge leap I was expecting for the amount of cash he spent on it.

Really? Was it stage 3 with no fuel system? Stage 3 with the fuel system should be nearly 100whp more than Stage 2 with proper fuel.

GTIFTW1

I'm APR Stage II and just finished breaking in my clutch. [FONT=&quot]Southbend's Stage 2 Daily clutch kit. I'm 91 octane it is supposed to be 320 hp and 394 tq. Previously owned a Focus RS and I would say it is at least as fast and far more comfortable!!! :)
[/FONT]