GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Based on that video you should definitely be shifting into 4th. You'll probably pick up at least 2mph, and maybe a bit of time.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Based on that video you should definitely be shifting into 4th. You'll probably pick up at least 2mph, and maybe a bit of time.
I shifted into 4th on the 1st one but it didn't seem to do much. I was pretty much at the finish by the end of the shift. If I could hook and go it would be a different story. 2nd run was a bust so I tried switching it up on the last attempt. I think tall slicks would work out but I'm not planning on spending a ton of time at the strip so probably not a worthwhile investment right now.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
You did well for the first time out Dutch!

I have to get this fuel issue resolved and then head back up, I really want to cross a few goals off the list before winter.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Is the spreadsheet up to date? Not a lot of 6MT times I can compare with directly but it looks like that's the fastest IS20, 6MT, pump gas with regular street tires currently on the list. In the mix with the DSG guys, too. I'll take that.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Is the spreadsheet up to date? Not a lot of 6MT times I can compare with directly but it looks like that's the fastest IS20, 6MT, pump gas with regular street tires currently on the list. In the mix with the DSG guys, too. I'll take that.

I went 108mph on just JB1 and DP on pump gas, 6MT - 12.5@113 on 5150 93 tune.
Definitely something up with your car, or shifting/setup.

I got your PM, will add your time :)

TroyI

Ready to race!
Dutch, It looks like you have wheel hop at launch. I had it too once. Two things that might remedy it. Dogbone insert and leave at higher RPM's, like 3K. You'll cut another 2-4 tenths just from bad wheel hop.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Dutch, It looks like you have wheel hop at launch. I had it too once. Two things that might remedy it. Dogbone insert and leave at higher RPM's, like 3K. You'll cut another 2-4 tenths just from bad wheel hop.

I absolutely had wheel hop. I actually have BFI stage 2 mounts including insert but good tip about RPM's.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I went 108mph on just JB1 and DP on pump gas, 6MT - 12.5@113 on 5150 93 tune.
Definitely something up with your car, or shifting/setup.

I got your PM, will add your time :)

Wow, was your 5150 time on street tires? I've got some work to do. Sounds like I need to work on my shifting/timing. Thanks!

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
13.33 @ 103.85

GSW 4MOTION DSG IS20 JB4 DP IC SUMMER TIRES 93 Octane Full Weight
380 DA
US131 DRAGWAY

Left Lane
13.33 @ 103.85

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Second time at the track. I have all the intake bolt on’s but stock DP and intercooler. I’m pretty happy with 12.95 since I have a 6MT and I’m still learning how to get the best launch with UM’s Launch Control. I also haven’t no lift shifted yet so my times should improve the more I hit the track.

ET: 12.950
MPH: 108.28
60: 1.858
DA: 119
MODEL: MK7 R
ENGINE: 2.0T
TURBO: IS38
TRANS: 6MT
FUEL: 93
WT: Full
TIRES: Stock
SOFTWARE: UM
USER: MiamiBourne
TRACK: Atco

Updated 1/4 mile time

Here is my best time, as of Sept. 29th, at Luskville with my 2017 Audi A3 quattro 2.0T:

12.469 @ 110.41mph. 60':1.870

Stock engine and fuel system / stock IS20 turbo / DSG / MS109 fuel / WR -200lbs / 19" PZero / JB4 / M. GAGNE / Luskville

Could you update my entry in the chart? Thanks!

P.S.: Trying to squeeze one more track day on Oct. 13th in Napierville... We'll see how it goes!

Attachments

• 12.469 CROPPED.jpg
    12.469 CROPPED.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 441

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Here is my best time, as of Sept. 29th, at Luskville with my 2017 Audi A3 quattro 2.0T:

12.469 @ 110.41mph. 60':1.870

Stock engine and fuel system / stock IS20 turbo / DSG / MS109 fuel / WR -200lbs / 19" PZero / JB4 / M. GAGNE / Luskville

Could you update my entry in the chart? Thanks!

P.S.: Trying to squeeze one more track day on Oct. 13th in Napierville... We'll see how it goes!

Ahh that was you with the A3?!! Dark grey? Sorry I didn't put two and two together. I (carbon steel 2dr GTI) was with Paul (black R) and Marc (dark blue GTI).

I'm planning on going to Napierville on the 13th as well. See you there.

Ahh that was you with the A3?!! Dark grey? Sorry I didn't put two and two together. I (carbon steel 2dr GTI) was with Paul (black R) and Marc (dark blue GTI).

I'm planning on going to Napierville on the 13th as well. See you there.

It was me! The car is Cosmos Blue though, but close enough ;)

If I can be there on the 13th, I will be heading to the Tim Horton's / Petsmart parking on Innes for like 9:15.

Cheers

Mat

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Not my car but just want to share this. This is Ed's (EQT) car. It was in Sacramento Raceway with DA around 600 I believe.

Here is what he posted on setup from FB.

"Had some fun at the drag strip tonight. This is my daily driver 2016 Golf R on the stock IS38 turbo, intake, downpipe, intercooler, upgraded HPFP, COBB Tuning AccessPort, EQT Custom Tune on E85, EQT DSG tune.

For these runs we pulled out the passenger and rear seats as well as the catback exhaust. It ran an 11.46 @ 119mph at full street weight.

I’m running Hoosier drag radials but still having a lot of traction issues in the front. I’m fairly certain that has to do with my front camber which is set up for track (-2.3 degrees). The Cobb custom traction control really helped to keep things moving with the inconsistent traction. My DSG clutches are also at the very limits and and slip if tranny temps aren’t in the sweet spot.

I’m still very happy with the results and now I’m ready to throw in one of our EQT Vortex turbos and get this car into the 10’s!"

Here are his times with seats and exhaust removed.

And this was full weight. I believe this is tops for a full weight R IS38