sparkyr

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, otherwise stock exhaust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Anyone have clips of a CSS muffler on a stock manual car? Was spoiled by my old 2.5L with a catback and just want to hear a little more out of the GTI without dumping hundreds on a full catback.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Anyone have clips of a CSS muffler on a stock manual car? Was spoiled by my old 2.5L with a catback and just want to hear a little more out of the GTI without dumping hundreds on a full catback.
Here's a before/after:

Big thread with a few folks that had it installed here:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27691

And I'm pretty sure there's a post or two in this thread

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
https://youtu.be/ke-zxNhA_fs

Catted DP + Magnaflow 12646 Res replace.

It's quiet, no drone. Sounds mostly stock with a bit lower idle. Not even 100 miles on it yet so it needs more time to open up. If I take another recording in a couple weeks and it's louder, I'll re-shoot the vid.

A lot of you won't like this, but I don't care. I'm less self conscious about the noise of DP alone which means I do more downshifting incognito now, which is good.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
What's even sadder is I have the MAPerformance catted resonated downpipe, and I haven't updated the OP in forever. I'll try to get caught up over the weekend. I know there's a ton of new products and YouTube clips out there by now...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Anyone know where I can find a Cobb TBE sound clip? I can only find them for the Mk6 on YouTube.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Anyone know where I can find a Cobb TBE sound clip? I can only find them for the Mk6 on YouTube.

I looked everywhere for one before I ordered a DP and couldn't find it anywhere. I even reached out to Cobb and no luck there yet either.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
I would assume it sounds similar to the AWE Touring since it has the resonator and muffler in the same spot?

BananaSlug

Ready to race!

Crackness1

Ready to race!