GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 vs cocky kia optima owner

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
i find a lot of optima owners think their car is fast

As an owner of an EX-T, well technically (it's my wife's ride), it does move. It's not on par with a smaller, lighter and tuned 2.0T but it's got balls when you have to accelerate. That being said I feel like I'm driving a boat. I'm 6'1" and I have more head room in the GTI by at least 3 inches than I do in the Optima.

It has all the creature comforts. Heated/Cooled seats, heated steering wheel, memory seats, etc. It was also super easy to install an aftermarket stereo as well. I hate driving it lol

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Lol I had an Optima here try, fbo with a fancy bov, guy kept egging me on so I finally ran him and took him to gapplebees and never looked back, see him around town all the time but I think he got the message cause he doesn't try anything anymore

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
I was nice to let him get half a car length before I floored it and left him.

I can't imagine you needed all the throttle. You shoulda just half floored it and left the rest in reserve for the next time.

Always leave 'em wondering.

adam1991

Banned
It worked on us lol. I had read good stuff about Kia/Hyundai really being a big player compared to years past. The warranty sounds great on paper.

I guy was telling me a couple years ago about how he and his wife each bought a new car--him a Hyundai, her a Honda. They'd had the cars for a few months.

I asked him what he thought. His answer: "We know which one has the longer warranty. We also know which one is the better car."

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
My buddy does make that Kia stinger out to be pretty fast. I don’t know what it weighs I’ll have to look it up....size him up lol.
I have a 17 gti with burger jb4 but just the pussy 91 octane toilet water file for now. It’s easier to find hookers or crack in Vegas then e85 currently so I’m stuck on the 91 tune for now. Also have a DP I’ll hopefully put on this weekend.

I bet I can take him with just the toilet water burger map lol. I’ll report back!

*says the stinger is 3611-3792 lbs. my buddy is at least 250 lbs. GTI is 2900 lbs. should be a good race!

My buddy does make that Kia stinger out to be pretty fast. I don’t know what it weighs I’ll have to look it up....size him up lol.
I have a 17 gti with burger jb4 but just the pussy 91 octane toilet water file for now. It’s easier to find hookers or crack in Vegas then e85 currently so I’m stuck on the 91 tune for now. Also have a DP I’ll hopefully put on this weekend.

I bet I can take him with just the toilet water burger map lol. I’ll report back!

*says the stinger is 3611-3792 lbs. my buddy is at least 250 lbs. GTI is 2900 lbs. should be a good race!

R&T tested Stinger at 4.4s 0-60 and 12.9 1/4 mi.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Video or it never happen......

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
At a meet one time these dudes came up to my car and very confidently asked if I'd race an Optima. Guy popped the hood and it had a gtx3076r with a custom instake/exhaust manifold. Put 6+ cars on him and I was still is20 lol

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
At a meet one time these dudes came up to my car and very confidently asked if I'd race an Optima. Guy popped the hood and it had a gtx3076r with a custom instake/exhaust manifold. Put 6+ cars on him and I was still is20 lol

Did he know you were tuned? Are there tunes for Hyundai/Kia 2.0's? I suppose if you know what you're doing you can make a JB1-type boost controller or a simple pressure bleeder.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Did he know you were tuned? Are there tunes for Hyundai/Kia 2.0's? I suppose if you know what you're doing you can make a JB1-type boost controller or a simple pressure bleeder.

They have something called a "LAP3 kit." I think it's a piggy-back/chip solution...