GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No Fender Audio in 2018 7.5 SE???

Wolf799

Passed Driver's Ed
looking at upgrading my 2015 SE to a 2018 SE and it adds a ton of stuff but looses the Fender Audio.

anyone now the difference between the Fender and Non Fender in the 18 SE? is it just the Sub? if so can i just grab the one out of my 15 and drop it in to the 18? not sure if it's a deal breaker but might be.

Thoughts?

Rodcollier1

Ready to race!
No sub in the GTI unless you get the Autobahn, and of course that is almost an R in terms of price so why do it? I’ve added a few JLAudio MicroSub+ to VW factory systems and they are way better than any factory radio sub. They also have a quick connector that you can just unplug if you need more room.

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
I was bummed about that but had the dealer install the Helix system as part of the sale when I bought my 2018 SE. Sounds every bit as good as the Fender.

mctriple

Passed Driver's Ed
The lack of the Fender system was my biggest complaint when I bought my 2018 mk7.5 SE. I know I missed out on other things, but I got everything I really wanted in the SE trim except audio, and the Helix addition fixed that nicely for much less money.

I think the speakers are the same (not sure, but I've read the claim that they're the exact same speakers). The differences are the amp and lack of sub. Helix bridges that gap.

If your 15 has a Fender system sub, I don't think it's compatible, at least not with a simple plug and play.

Wolf799

Passed Driver's Ed
Pulled the trigger, I agree it misses something without the Sub but the Helix system replaces the Spare tire so that creates other issues. otherwise it still sounds good but i am going to look into other options. Does anyone make an In-spare Sub like the Fender unit?