GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC Deactivated, Cruise and front parking sensors not working

asif

Hi All,

Can someone help and shed light on this random problem I've got, the screen on the dash is saying "ACC Deactivated" tried switching it on and off and it's not making a difference. Left it parked a while then went out and tried it again but same issue.

Cruise control, limiter and front parking sensors don't work either. Nothing has changed on the car at all, just been parked over night, yesterday it was fine no issues.

There is nothing that I can see that is obstructing the front ACC sensor.

Any ideas guys? Anyone else had this issue and had it fixed?

Cheers

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi All,

Can someone help and shed light on this random problem I've got, the screen on the dash is saying "ACC Deactivated" tried switching it on and off and it's not making a difference. Left it parked a while then went out and tried it again but same issue.

Cruise control, limiter and front parking sensors don't work either. Nothing has changed on the car at all, just been parked over night, yesterday it was fine no issues.

There is nothing that I can see that is obstructing the front ACC sensor.

Any ideas guys? Anyone else had this issue and had it fixed?

Cheers

Got VCDS?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
It just takes the sensor to be a hair out of alignment for that to happen.

asif

If it goes out of alignment as advised above, how would I get it sorted.
Is it normal for the parking sensors at the front to stop working aswell if that is the case? As rear sensors are still working.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
If it goes out of alignment as advised above, how would I get it sorted.
Is it normal for the parking sensors at the front to stop working aswell if that is the case? As rear sensors are still working.

Get it calibrated, presumably.

Strange that it just happened overnight, though. I wasn't aware that the front sensors would stop working, either - ACC definitely, but not the front sensors.

You could really do with scanning for faults. Get yourself VCDS, or.. the other one..

asif

Right guys, firstly thank you for your responses and apologies I've not had a chance to update any sooner.

The front sensors started working that same evening, the error kept coming up about the ACC deactivated, checked the front radar thing and gave it a clean just in case but all looked well.
When checking the settings on the stereo all was well, but when I switched the ACC on and tried to use it for some reason the distance to check for obstructions was on the nearest possible which I presume would be right in front of the bumper. Not sure if this is what would cause it to deactivate or not. But since I put the distance to the furthest away with the ACC on it seems to be working and the error no longer comes up.
I briefly got a chance to try the limiter which worked, I haven't tried the ACC as yet as not has a chance to take it on an open stretch to see if it will work correctly with slowing down, accelerating and locating a car as an obstruction.
Will keep you posted, but as it stands it seems as though everything is working but will check thoroughly on the weekend.

Thanks again for you responses, appreciate it.