GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replace KMH with MPH speedo dials

Anzani

Hi there,

I'm wondering how difficult is the process of changing over the dials?

Has anyone got any guides for removing the unit? Car is a 2014 1.6 tdi in comfortline trim.

I gather that the digital odometer will still read in KM and I'm wondering will that still be the case for my driving data, such as fuel consumption, ave speed, distance travelled since/until refuel etc...

Any advice on the above would be most appreciated.

ofektal8

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there,

I'm wondering how difficult is the process of changing over the dials?

Has anyone got any guides for removing the unit? Car is a 2014 1.6 tdi in comfortline trim.

I gather that the digital odometer will still read in KM and I'm wondering will that still be the case for my driving data, such as fuel consumption, ave speed, distance travelled since/until refuel etc...

Any advice on the above would be most appreciated.
I Think the only thing you physically need to replace is the Black piece that has the numbers on it, its pretty easy. just open up the cluster and replace them.

changing from KMH To MPH will need to be done through the settings (and if you cant find the option there then you can using a cosing dongle to change it)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Mine show both and I can change them over for everything else o the MIB.

Anzani

Thanks guys, I had a fiddle and have changed the digital over to MPH. Looking online now to sort out which black piece I need for the change over.

Anything I need to watch out for when popping out the dials?

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Main advice is to avoid removing the needles if you can, because otherwise you'll need to recalibrate.

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Thanks guys, I had a fiddle and have changed the digital over to MPH. Looking online now to sort out which black piece I need for the change over.

Anything I need to watch out for when popping out the dials?

Do not do this, the MPH face is different then the km/h face and your speed reading will be way off.... just have a look here

As you can clearly see, the 100km/h mark is straight in the middle for km/h, where as for the MPH one the middle is 80mph, which is 130km/h (128.8 to be exact)

If you want the MPH face, you need to recode the cluster so it will read the speed correctly. This is not done with vcds or obdeleven, as you need a program to change the hex coding. On older generation VWs, like the MK4, this was done through a program called Vag tacho or vag commander, but I have no idea how the new generation clusters work (i'm sure they are much harder to convert and change hex coding then the older ones)