GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your favorite Microfiber Towel Brands!

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I just replaced one from the 90's, they still sell them.

Ok, dumb question time:
I have an Absorber too and love it. What's the advantage of microfiber over a shammy? Is the shammy more likely to damage my paint?

I do wash my Absorber out after each use to make sure it doesn't have contaminants on it and I've never noticed any ill effects on my cars.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
The shamwow/absorber does not have any fibers for debris to go into to protect the paint if there's any dirt particles left on the surface while drying.

Yes, this will cause fine scratches and swirls. Microfibers from Costco are amazing for the price.

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed
Chemical Guys is currently having a 20% off microfiber towel sale through 8/18.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Washing and upkeep is important too don't forget everyone! I hae had the best success with Micro Restore. My edgeless towels and other thick pile towels love it. Removes ONR stains too which is nice.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I use Rag Co. Minx and Pluffle pretty much exclusively. I have tried their others, but keep reaching for those 2 all the time.

The giant pluffles (20x40 or something) are fantastic for drying.

Me too, really like the Giant Pluffles and 16 x 23” as well as the Eagle Edgeless 350 for door jambs and wheels. Waffle weaves work good on the glass too.

flogR

Ready to race!
I was fascinated with m.f. cloth and why some are better. I found out why. Look for the ones that grab onto roughness of your hand. Chances are the fibres of those look like asterisks if the ends are examined under a microscope, hence their surface area is huge compared with the plain fibres. Would really like to know how they make them.