GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk8 GTI

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
There's already a major thread, along with at least two others on this subject.

Also read the text below the photo in that link:

"Artist's impression" - which means it's not the MK8 you're looking at.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Here's what i know. When the mk8 comes out, we'll all be UGLY !!! Exactly like all the previous versions when they first appear. However now when i look at a mk6 i see dated, and even worse when i see a mk5.. It looks ancient. Mk4's are almost becoming classic if its been looked after. But most are piles of shit destined for the scrap yard.

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
Here's what i know. When the mk8 comes out, we'll all be UGLY !!! Exactly like all the previous versions when they first appear. However now when i look at a mk6 i see dated, and even worse when i see a mk5.. It looks ancient. Mk4's are almost becoming classic if its been looked after. But most are piles of shit destined for the scrap yard.

Yeah, I like mk4's the best out of all pre mk7 gti's.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
A low mileage MK4 R32 recently sold for 44k on bringatrailer.com

Not bad eh !

I wish I’d kept mine, it was mint and I let it go for far too cheap!!! [emoji35]

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Was that R32 MT or DSG? I heard very late in that generation they brought a handful of MT R32's to the USA and I completely missed the opportunity getting one not knowing.

That new Mk8 picture looks okay.. I mean even the current gen is pretty mundane looking to begin with compared to other cars.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
Was that R32 MT or DSG? I heard very late in that generation they brought a handful of MT R32's to the USA and I completely missed the opportunity getting one not knowing.

That new Mk8 picture looks okay.. I mean even the current gen is pretty mundane looking to begin with compared to other cars.

All MkIV R32s were MT and all MkV R32s were dsg.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
All MkIV R32s were MT and all MkV R32s were dsg.

German MK4 R32’s could be ordered with DSG, that is where VW introduced the transmission for the first time,

UK MK4 R32’s were only MT,

UK MK5 R32’s were available in MT or DSG,