GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cabin Filter from Valeo

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
For everyone who's replaced these, can you comment on how tightly and accurately the filter seats inside the air box? I ask because my German made vacuum cleaner's HEPA filter seats with typical German precision and ZERO air escapes the filter. On the other hand, the HEPA filter on my Chinese-made crapola vacuum at my vacation cabin barely seats at all and the vacuum air just blows right by it.... making it useless.

I haven't removed my original cabin filter yet so I'm just curious about the fit... and also whether the different brands fit as good/worse/better than OEM. In other words, I'd rather have a filter with inferior filter material but that seats better than a filter with superior filter material that just lets unfiltered air around it.

Mann is a VW OE supplier.
I also use them in the cleaner on my Yacht.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
And add this external air filter.
Keeps bugs out of main filter.
Main yellow filter lasts longer.

US $11.12 | FOR VW external air filter assembly inlet air filtration MK7 new Octavia Volkswagen Golf 7 Audi A3 with 2 filters
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bqQfpYTW

I think this carbon refill fits. I ordered some to see.

US $5.90 | air filter For VW old and new polo . Skoda Fabia / Rapid external filter only fitler #FT110
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/U0kLzf6

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
For everyone who's replaced these, can you comment on how tightly and accurately the filter seats inside the air box? I ask because my German made vacuum cleaner's HEPA filter seats with typical German precision and ZERO air escapes the filter. On the other hand, the HEPA filter on my Chinese-made crapola vacuum at my vacation cabin barely seats at all and the vacuum air just blows right by it.... making it useless.

I haven't removed my original cabin filter yet so I'm just curious about the fit... and also whether the different brands fit as good/worse/better than OEM. In other words, I'd rather have a filter with inferior filter material but that seats better than a filter with superior filter material that just lets unfiltered air around it.

Mann frecious was tight as a teenager in my car

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
An add this external air filter.
Keeps bugs out of main filter.
Main yellow filter lasts longer.

US $11.12 | FOR VW external air filter assembly inlet air filtration MK7 new Octavia Volkswagen Golf 7 Audi A3 with 2 filters
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bqQfpYTW

I think this carbon refill fits. I ordered some to see.

US $5.90 | air filter For VW old and new polo . Skoda Fabia / Rapid external filter only fitler #FT110
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/U0kLzf6

How does that filter and grate get installed?

edrex

Ready to race!
In my build thread go to post 604 for install and 997 for
First replacement to see what the pre filter can catch.

Did you ever find a waterproof filter or is the filter protected enough that water doesn't reach it?

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Did you ever find a waterproof filter or is the filter protected enough that water doesn't reach it?

They are not water proof.. it's just an pre-filter for your filter.. makes the Mann-Filter FP 26 009 FreciousPlus last longer IMO. They need to run 2 filters in china because of all the pollution. If you go the pre filter route I would pick up a bunch of extra filters.. I haven't been able to source any in the USA.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Never found one.
In my post above the second posting number is for the location in my build thread with pictures of the pre filter removeved after a year. Very dry and full of big items. I did order, yesterday some from Ali-express that look like carbon filters. Will see when they arrive. So far issues with pre-filter. Plan to change once a year.

My recent link to filters shows they are I think, under $3 for two.
The pre-filter housing is also low cost. Looks much like out OE prescreen but has a place for the filter. One could cut filters from a filter you can buy at Walmart and make one for current screen. Wire tie in place.

edrex

Ready to race!
Sandman, thanks - I ordered a set with charcoal filters