GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Mk7 OEM wheels thread

cinderbike

Ready to race!
Iridium Gray looks beautiful, wish we had that color here. Not a lot of light colors other than white or CB.

Praetoria wheels are quite pretty too. A dark gray would be nice.

sectachrome

Passed Driver's Ed

vert1go749

My stock wheels had some weird issues with the black paint and I just wasn't a huge fan of them. I liked vert1go749s setup so much I shamelessly copied him and got 18" Pretorias. I really like them. Looks factory but a little more upscale. Makes it much easier to see the cool calipers and clean them as well.

I also replaced the stock Hankook's with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+s. I wasn't going to at first but realized how much the Hankooks sucked. I can already notice a huge improvement in traction over bumps.

Coated them first with Gyeon Rim.

Great taste! :D

Car looks great, congrats on the new wheels!

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
I bought mine from vwcarpart.com which I think is just a dealership in NJ. There was another site that listed the wheels cheaper but was actually more expensive because of their shipping cost, so make sure to look at the total before deciding where to buy.
https://www.vwcarpart.com/oem-parts/volkswagen-18-inch-pretoria-wheel-sterling-silver-5g0071498a88z

I did have to send 1 wheel back because it was damaged but they were very good about replacing it.

Cool. Thanks. I'm thinking about making the some upgrade (w/ some summer tires).

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Oh man, Indium grey GTI is the dream!!!!

:D Agree

20181224_125241.1200.jpg

8T_BoCO

Passed Driver's Ed
Went from factory 16" to 225/40R18 on Audi 18x8 from the wife's B8 A4 Avant.
She got the 18x8.5 that came off my dead B8 A5. Good pairing on each ;)

Attachments

• GSW factory wheels.jpg
    GSW factory wheels.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 1,250
  • GSW A4 wheels.jpg
    GSW A4 wheels.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 1,259

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Lower!

8T_BoCO

Passed Driver's Ed
Ha! I should have known that was coming.
Actually, I was pleased that this car doesn't scrape at the bottom of our driveway, like our factory height Audi B8 A4.

I'd consider some stiffer, lower GTI or R springs, once the factory shocks are toast, but that's years away. That would also require an aftermarket skid-plate, as sturdy VAG oil pans are a thing of the past.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Is anyone else running these or do you have more pics? I see a lot of these wheels for pretty cheap and they look pretty decent, I’d like to see more pics.

You're probably long gone, but here you go.

Attachments

• img20190608_111050.jpg
    img20190608_111050.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 1,269
Last edited:

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
My neighbor with a black CC has some Austins done up like this. I like the red accents, and may do something similar on the inner section of my stock Austins for winter use.