GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Reinstated the insurance on my Golf-R. Got some 40-45F weather coming up next week so after some rain to wash off the salt from the roads, will pull her out and wash the undercarriage first, then go driving to dry her off.

I don't remember what she sounds like any more. Will program the turn signal to flash 4 times instead of 3 on the OBD11 as well.

And I ended up yanking off the roof spoiler lip I installed the other day. Wasn't completely sold on the look. The adhesive was like the mounting tape I use on my RC car electronics so easily removed using motor spray. Polished the roof and waxed.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Got the Borla catback on order. Worked on my WRX this morning doing her first oil change and installing a few bits under the car while I was at it.

On the Golf-R I read someone's post about them having Stage2 yet slow throttle response. Now I am having second thoughts on the Cobb Stage1 as I was hoping the map would fix the slightly delayed response on the factory map while increasing power, but apparently not. If just looking for additional power my JB1 does plenty.. my car is MT so don't want to go too high as I am too lazy to go swap the clutch if I don't have to.

Might just use the money on some Pilot A/S tires for my daily driver..

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
If your looking to just change throttle response, the Remus responder worked great, and it looks like burger Motorsports just released one as well. [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Insurance turns on tomorrow and my Golf-R is off her Flatstoppers ready for a nice drive latter part of this week. Hope to get my exhaust too this week. Will do the oil change as well while I have the ramps out to install the exhaust.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
So my Borla is supposed to arrive today, very excited.

My thread also includes OT material and I'm still trying to decide on a car to replace my beater. I've basically come down to 2 cars. 19 Forester Limited or 19 Tiguan SEL R-Line.

Obviously I like the shape of the R-Line much better than the funky looking Subaru, but the Forester is made in Japan and well assembled.

Any thoughts on the Tiguans? How are they? Thanks.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Finally arrived. Will install on Saturday. :D

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Here's a horrible picture of the exhaust installed. I should find a host. Exhaust sounds good outside the car, inside it's pretty quiet. But then I'm more accustomed to my WRX/STI sounds (loud) so it might just be me.

Install itself was very easy and self explanatory. The only issue (if you want to call it that) was my fob was completely out of battery so had to replace the lithium before I could even back the car out of the garage.

Also unplugging the harness connected to the exhaust flapper thingies as I did not know where on the plug to push until I got a mirror above the factory exhaust and noticed I needed to slide a gray lock on the harness plug to release. After that, it was a breeze.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Ordered the Cobb AP, hope to have it in my hands by early next week.

I need to remove the JB1 from the car over the weekend. This will be the last of the mods on this car.
Moving back to modding my Subie's next.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Here's a horrible picture of the exhaust installed. I should find a host. Exhaust sounds good outside the car, inside it's pretty quiet. But then I'm more accustomed to my WRX/STI sounds (loud) so it might just be me.

Looks good. Surprised to hear it's still quiet inside the car. Is the Borla a valved system?

Ordered the Cobb AP, hope to have it in my hands by early next week.

I need to remove the JB1 from the car over the weekend. This will be the last of the mods on this car.
Moving back to modding my Subie's next.

Are you going to go with a preset Cobb map, or go the protune route?

Like a vulture, if you're going to flip the JB1 LMK, I might be interested :)

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, yes the Borla is a valved system.

I’m going to try the OTS High-Boost 93 oct map first with my X34 CF intake and take a few logs. If I run into issues I will try the regular 93 oct map or get it protuned, but hopefully it will not need it.

Sure, once I have the AP set up I can sell you my JB1 for cheap as I would have no use for it. :D

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Removed the JB1 and took the car out for a drive. Verified no issue on the car in preparation for the Cobb reflash next week.

The JB1 makes a huge difference. That burst of power was no longer there of course, and it is a night and day difference.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
In a couple of hours I should have the AP stage1 in my hands. I'm taking a short but much needed spring break this week from work so I will install the AP later on today along with the COBB emblem. I'm real excited.. :p

I have a bunch of other stuff coming in for my Subies as well today..

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Installed the AP 93oct high boost map. Nice power, no issue running with X34 CF intake.

What I really like is that the throttle curve is a lot smoother now and throttle response is immediate.. like my STI immediate. Very cool, feels like a sports car now.