GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW GTI TCR

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
With the DSG cars they even run the VAQ in them also. I think the sequential box cars gets quaife....

The sequential boxes get a clutch type, not a quaife/torsen/wavetrac type.

Also they are both port and direct injected.

Damn they do come with modified VAQs:

https://volkswagen-motorsport.com/f...F_GTI_TCR_Technology_Brochure_2018_070318.pdf

Page 5

It does come with a different coupling clutch though for the DSG. It's sintered metallic, so this isn't like a completely off the showroom floor box. Still pretty impressive.

SM075180

Ready to race!
Wheels?

Anyone know the name of these wheels? Are they available to purchase or a concept design?

It’s like the Austins had a love child with Pretorias and I NEED them!

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
So far, not many details have been revealed about the GTI TCR production vehicle (different than the GTI TCR this thread started as, mind you ;) )other than "clubsport-lite" basically. The wheels are sick, agreed.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
I did a double take on that interior shot... my guess is that the steering wheel's hanging from a hook

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Got a reply from Volkswagen Motorsport, they won't sell body panels to VIN'd cars. Has to be a body in white TCR. It's a liability for a car to be driven on the street with them. Bummer was hoping to run the TCR kit over the rocket bunny.

As for the brakes I contacted AP Racing and am waiting to hear back. Mainly concerned with which model calipers and mounts they use front/rear. The caliper design is slightly different from the ones listed on their website.

At this point I just wish I had $100k to buy a TCR lol.

1. They make a replica kit molded from a real TCR kit. Its $10,000 (fiberglass) or $15,000 (carbon fiber) + $3000 for the wing.
2. The AP racing caliper is listed in the TCR info PDF
3. There are currently 3 TCR's for sale for $75,000-$100,000 USD depending on DSG vs sequential.