GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

DAS_STIG

Banned
Motegi Traklites 17x8 +40 wearing 245/45r17 Conti DWS 06. Someone said something about truck tires? ;)

PS I wanted to order from TR (can get wholesale pricing) but they insisted these wouldn't fit my car and didn't bother trying to find a car that would let me purchase them. Wish they would update that as they fit flawlessly.

You can order from TR based on wheel size, doesn't have to be by vehicle.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Rundown:

-Stock DCC suspension with 034 Dynamic+ camber plates
-18x8.5" BBS Motorsports GT2 ET32-ish
-Hankook RS4 245/40R18
-No spacers

This is as flush as you can get, I know I should get a small drop to get rid of the rake, MSS/Swift I guess.

Last edited:

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Bright race grey color?
Yep! Was originally wanting to go darker but this finish isn't bad, it's got a little bit of depth in different lighting, for reference this is a moderately dirty Austin it's next to

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I have a set of OZ Alleggerita's that are 17lbs in 18x7.5 I used on my GTI. With DWS06, that was over 8lbs savings per corner. If anyone want it, I will post it for sale.

The HyperGT's I run on my Golf-R in the winter are 21lbs in 19x8 which is still lighter than the stock GTI wheels, (1lbs heavier than my Pretorias), the Ultraleggara HLT's I sold last month were 22lbs in 19x8.5.

So if you get the HLT series OZ wheels they aren't all heavy.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
You have stock wheels under 18lbs? U driving a GT350R? If so then I believe it. If you're in a GTI then no way. 19"Pretoria are light for oem 19s and they're still over 22lbs, stock Austin's are around 25-26lbs. These Leggera HLT are around 18.5-19.5lbs
Every OZ wheel is heavier than my stocks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie

OZ Ultraleggera 18X8 + Advan Neova 225/40 + 5mm spacers h&r rear

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Wanted to share a company I just came across up here in Canada that are doing lightweight flow formed wheels in both 18" & 19" sizes for our cars. The 19" 5x112 fitments are available in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 sizes, and et32 / et45 offsets, with multiple finishes. They're currently sold out of a lot of product, but are expecting a new batch in the spring (plus it looks like they're releasing a new flow formed model this winter).

The three models available are:

RF01 (HRE FF01 Style) 19" - 19.7lbs for 19x8.5

RF02 (Vorsteiner FF105 style) 19" - 19.7lbs for 19x8.5

RF003RR (Volk ZE40 Style) 18" - 18.1lbs for 18x8.5

By the way, I have no affiliation with the company but just wanted to share because it's pretty rare to see a budget friendly lightweight flow formed 19" wheel for our application. I'm grabbing a set of either the RF01 or RF02 for next season. For a 19x8.5 set up here in Toronto, we're looking at around $1000 CDN ($770 in USD). I've seen a lot of the Civic Type R guys getting the RF03RR wheel in 18x9.5. They look awesome in person.

https://www.super-speed.ca/wheels