42.3 KB · Views: 8,030
  • vw-golfr-6.jpg
    vw-golfr-6.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 10,825

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm assuming Its still a test mule, I mean, look at those long tips!

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Maybe the better question is what stock exhaust is that and what engine does it normally pair up to? Maybe they are trying some motor that has been in a Golf and had to throw an existing exhaust on?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Maybe the better question is what stock exhaust is that and what engine does it normally pair up to? Maybe they are trying some motor that has been in a Golf and had to throw an existing exhaust on?

Thats exactly what they're doing.

Ecast31

Ready to race!
I'm assuming Its still a test mule, I mean, look at those long tips!

This! There's a thread about this already on the "TEX" vortex. This is prematurely speculation as this is not a complete build and vw will most likely tweak out some of designs as it gets closer to the launch date.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
definitely too "plain" a wrapper so far, hoping it's a mule.... I do like the evolution of the shape though, I'll be watching closely to see what the US is offered and which direction I want to go by then.....into an "R", or into a GTD if it comes!!!

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
This crearly is a test mule, doesn't even have side skirts... I remember I lol'd when I saw the test mules for the MK6 R...
By the "civilized" the looks of the MK7 GTI, and the likely 300hp powertrain on the R (from new S3) my guess is the final body for the R will have that aggressive theme and will be designed around a 3 door then adapted to 4.

marchone

Seeing that test mule now makes me wonder when they will roll it out. Historically VW and Audi always wait until the last model year for the good stuff.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Strangely enough this is REALLY early for a test mule for the R. Hoping it comes out sooner

Bushmaster

I am new here. Still trying to figure out the terms but, I just bought a 2013 VW Golf R is this the golf mk7 R ? Not sure since have only had it a week.