GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunrise drive up Mt Washington THIS Sunday 6/24

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Sunrise drive up Mt Washington this Sunday, for anyone interested!

Road opens at 3:30am (they usually open it even earlier), sunrise at 5:01am. I did this drive up in the R last August. It was AMAZING.
This weekend I'll be there in the Alltrack...slightly different car! :eek:

They only do this event 3 times/year.

Great opportunity for photographers. I'll have my D7500, tripod, lenses, and my dog. :)

Last edited:

Tronix13

Ready to race!
If I wasn’t just up there two weeks ago, I’d be interested in going. Sounds like a fun event though. Have a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
These were my crappy iPhone pics from last August when I went....
I should get much better pics this time around.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Did you get any sunrise pics with the car?

I did not. A lot of people drive up for this, so it's basically just a few big parking lots up on the summit, and a lot of people on the road going up and down. That was also my first time doing the sunrise thing, so I really didn't know what to expect either.
I suppose if you left after most folks had already gone, you could get some good shots on the way back down in the pull over spots.

I drove my MK6 GTI up a few years back (not during sunrise though) and got some pics....I'll have to find them....

Last edited:

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Here’s a couple of my MK6 back in 2015 when I drove up for the first time ever....

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Niceeee! [emoji1303] what wheels are those?

Thanks! Those are 18” Interlagos. They came stock on the Executive Edition CC. I miss them....one of my favorite VW factory wheels.

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
I was there last year for the first time with a group of VW mainly MK7 owners. I would go if the drive wasn’t so long from Boston. Just came back Eurokracy Montréal, not so ready for another long drive. Have fun and post up new pics!

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Well the weather was complete shit this morning. I left my house at 1:30 and got there at 3:45. At the summit (6240’), visibility was only 10’. And with the wind and mist, it was basically raining.
The drive up and down was fun as usual though. The person in front of me going up was driving in the other lane because they were scared of the edge on the narrow road. Can’t blame them I guess, they’d probably never been up there. Good thing it was so foggy so they couldn’t SEE over the edge. That’s the scariest part.
Used Off-road mode on the drive down. It actually worked really well and controlled the speed the entire time. I didn’t have to touch the gas or the brakes really at all.
Since I couldn’t get any pics of sunrise on the summit, I went to Cathedral Ledge and got a few....

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
I was there last year for the first time with a group of VW mainly MK7 owners. I would go if the drive wasn’t so long from Boston. Just came back Eurokracy Montréal, not so ready for another long drive. Have fun and post up new pics!

This is awesome!!

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Any day with your dog is a good day.
She has a nice sunroof view.
I think she threw something over the cliff. Looks guilty.
Nice pics. Even for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro