GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Looking into a JB4 for my 2018 GTI 6MT. Im fully bolted so I would most likely jump to a "Stage 2" style tune. Is there any sort of coding or adjustment I can do to preserve the stock clutch inside the maps for the JB4?

If you get a new unit we can help you set it up like that.

Typically on a manual most wear and tear is done on freeway driving when loading it in a high gear below 3500rpm. If we keep torque in check from that point and lower till the car starts getting momentum the clutch will last longer.

Junkyardspecial

Passed Driver's Ed
If you get a new unit we can help you set it up like that.

Typically on a manual most wear and tear is done on freeway driving when loading it in a high gear below 3500rpm. If we keep torque in check from that point and lower till the car starts getting momentum the clutch will last longer.

Thanks, Thats the idea I had as well. A taper or boost by gear sort of thing.

I will make sure to email you before I purchase from your site!

mat3jko

Is such a decrease in fuel economy normal with JB4? I would say that I'm getting at least around 5mpg less under normal driving conditions, 80mph with cruise control on motorway for example...

I went to the dealer for the oil change today, so I've removed my JB4. I was definitely right about the high consumption with JB4. I'm getting at least 5-7 mpg more without it, under the same normal driving conditions.

Anyone has any ideas? It's really starting to get on my nerves... :(

tcabrino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 Rabbit
Please help. I was installing my jb4 today after a dealer trip and when turned the car on with it on map 0 it ran fine. As soon as went to map 1, the car would stall at start. Dsg. Took plug b out and put it back again. (Forgot to turn battery off for this, car was off- Can I have ruined something?) and then now car is normal and works. However, when connecting to the jb4 laptop software, it states: JB4 failed COM4.
Anyone have any ideas?? Wanted to switch to map 0 at least to go to work tomorrow so that no issues come up.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Please help. I was installing my jb4 today after a dealer trip and when turned the car on with it on map 0 it ran fine. As soon as went to map 1, the car would stall at start. Dsg. Took plug b out and put it back again. (Forgot to turn battery off for this, car was off- Can I have ruined something?) and then now car is normal and works. However, when connecting to the jb4 laptop software, it states: JB4 failed COM4.
Anyone have any ideas?? Wanted to switch to map 0 at least to go to work tomorrow so that no issues come up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjQjMWBVve4

Go to 1:40

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I went to the dealer for the oil change today, so I've removed my JB4. I was definitely right about the high consumption with JB4. I'm getting at least 5-7 mpg more without it, under the same normal driving conditions.

Anyone has any ideas? It's really starting to get on my nerves... :(

Can you post a picture of your AFR connection?

You can also go to map 1 and set all the fuel bias values to 0 and see what changes.

If you on off the throttle a lot in your normal commute like a nervous driver it might use more fuel. Most report no change or slight improvement.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

If it drives fine then possibly some static hit the chip that does the connection and you having issues to connect to the unit. Drive the car a bit and if it still persists with no connection email me George@burgertuning.com and I can direct you to where to get the replacement chip.

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
So I installed a DP and wanted to finally do a log, but when I go to log it just says "starting logging" indefinitely? I click stop and it still says starting. This is on a laptop with a usb extension cable if that matters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Hit start
Go WOT
Hit stop when done

Also, is OBd2 plugged in?
Ahh, I figured it would show a realtime log when I press start like I am used to with other software. Yes obd2 is plugged in. The parameter boxes read out in realtime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TTU14

Got my JB4 and phone connect kit in the mail today and installed it a little while ago. It’s insane the difference that it makes.

I filled up with some 93 octane and am running around in Map 2. Trying to not go too crazy because it’s Texas and 100 degrees out, but damn did it wake the car up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk