GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
'Lonso with P1 for Le Mans this weekend....

If the car doesn't break down (and win), I call that he'll leave F1 and focus on Indy next season. He's so determined to be a known as a "complete" driver.

What's funny is, with all the focus on Alonso, Montoya is a Le Mans win from following Hill HAHAHA. Starts way back though.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
14th position I believe.
It's a long race though lol.

Would be nice to see him win the "triple crown"

Oh definitely!

He already knows how to get to half the distance of Le Mans (after winning Spa), he just needs the other half LOL

But unlike JPM, if Alonso wins the triple crown, I personally think it’s more of an achievement because he was actually World Champion who also won Monaco, not “just” a winner of Monaco.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
If he is really after it it obviously makes the most sense, especially since he already has raced in the Indy 500.
Might as well just have a full time seat if he wants to keep trying for it.
He has nothing left to gain in F1, and I'm sure any Indy team would be more than happy to have him.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
If he is really after it it obviously makes the most sense, especially since he already has raced in the Indy 500.
Might as well just have a full time seat if he wants to keep trying for it.
He has nothing left to gain in F1, and I'm sure any Indy team would be more than happy to have him.

If McLaren moves forward with starting an Indycar program I think Alonso's transition will be a sure thing.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If McLaren moves forward with starting an Indycar program I think Alonso's transition will be a sure thing.

I'll be surprised if he stays. It's just sad to see such a great talent waste away in this team. He never should've left Ferrari. At least there, he was winning.

On more positive news, Leclerc is the real deal!