GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mike's DSG Carbon Steel GTI Build

Trev

Passed Driver's Ed
I really like everything that you have done with the car. I have been on the fence about getting Ed's R headlights but with the blacked out red strip and those headlights, my goodness the front end is looking great

aunsafe2015

Ready to race!
Not much to do today so I thought I'd start my own journal of what I have done and what I want for future mods. Bought my GTI I believe on August 13th 2014. One of the first few in my town with it. Since then I have done a few mods to make it my own.
s

Did you put the vinyl wrap on the red grill stripe yourself? Was it pretty simple?

Atrev5

Dude your car is goals! i just got a 2 door carbon steel GTI lighting package and your build is so helpful I'm new to the turbo world, keep posting man! I have so many questions!

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Havent posted on here in awhile! Got a roof rack, new license plate, and Bilstein B14 coilovers. I also tinted the turn signals of the headlights.

Took the tail light tint off as well as the plastidip on the emblems. Looking to add that back on though.

Have a few more things coming in the next few months.

Last edited:

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Car is looking awesome; you take really good care of that CSG paint! Love how you've kept the car classy with all your changes.

I too have Ed's Replica R's and I love them. Your GTI badge/red stripe delete is something I may try out on mine.

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Car is looking awesome; you take really good care of that CSG paint! Love how you've kept the car classy with all your changes.

I too have Ed's Replica R's and I love them. Your GTI badge/red stripe delete is something I may try out on mine.

Thanks! Yeah this paint is super easy to take care of compared to other cars I've had or worked on. Going on 3 years and I think I just now might finally give it a light polish here and there.

soto

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking good!, Build goals for sure. Those wheels are exactly what i was thinking, they look good.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
How is your muffler delete working out for you long term? Just curious on your thoughts years later. Also curious on how you like the PSS. I have VWR w/ Bilstein B8 right now and I like it alright but it's jarring when I hit a pothole or lip in the road.

I have the same car with similar exterior look. Love it.